Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh does consent mean he was against it? Lol

Comment

• Consented means he did was he was fucking told.

Comment

• I think he should be banned

Comment

• Sounds like they went Buffalo Bill on his ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
            Fredi shouldn't be here based on that move alone, how the fuck do you let Bonifacio start so many games? Fredi must be on the short leash for next season
            Is this Iggy? WTF?

Comment

• The plot thickens...

Baseball's annual winter meetings will be held in Indianapolis in December, but Marlins manager Fredi Gonzalez and owner Jeffrey Loria are having their own baseball meeting this week in a slightly more exotic locale - Paris.

The trip might be an effort by Loria to soothe the hurt feelings of Gonzalez, whose dismissal Loria considered as early as June.

It was widely reported earlier this month that Loria talked to former major league manager Bobby Valentine in September about taking over next season as Marlins manager. That wasn't the first time that idea arose.

A source said today that Loria considered three months earlier the plan to replace Gonzalez with Valentine, after the Marlins went 9-20 in May.

Valentine, currently working as an ESPN commentator, spoke today on 790-AM in Miami, offering praise for Loria and Gonzalez but dodging questions about whether Loria offered him a job. Last week, Valentine told The Palm Beach Post the offer had been made.
              In June, Florida Marlins' owner considered ousting Fredi Gonzalez in favor of Bobby Valentine

Comment

• Hehe

Loria wanted to show Beinfest who is boss. I am picturing Loria in his skybox scheming to get rid of Gonzalez for any little mistake to prove to Beinfest he was right all along.

Comment

• I mean, if Fredi got canned after May, there's no real way anyone takes issue with that. An awful stretch of baseball where the players looked unprepared and indifferent falls squarely on the manager (remember the big fucking smiles from Emilio after the stupid baserunning mistakes?).

Now, Fredi's our guy, I'd say for the life of his contract, after this misstep we've really backed ourselves into a "credibility corner" here as really, only a single digit win total month will be grounds for firing, and as long as Hanley, Coghlan, JJ and Nolasco are here, a single digit win month really doesn't seem all that likely.

Comment

Working...
                  X