• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's beyond embarrassing

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
      It's beyond embarrassing
      Yeah.

I don't like Fredi at all, but he deserves much better than this.

Also, I think bobbob might be onto something, the Bonifuckface move might not have all been Larry B.

Comment

Maybe it was and that's why Loria wants people to go bother Lar with annoying questions

Comment

Jeff only likes to focus on the artful aspects of the game

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
            Yeah.

I don't like Fredi at all, but he deserves much better than this.

Also, I think bobbob might be onto something, the Bonifuckface move might not have all been Larry B.
            This.

This is just strange.

Comment

Possibilities:

A. We don't want Fredi leaving us high and dry. Rather than let him pull the rug out from under us, we pull the rug out from under him.

B. Fredi is secretly Fip, and was the sole reason why boner was in, despite Beinfest's objections.

C. The team thinks we could've won more if we had a guy who yells and buys into the idea that a manager can really significantly alter a team's chances if he gets mad.
              poop

Comment

I don't think this is in response to the Atlanta thing. Cox has announced a "farewell" season at least once before. Plus, if 2010 really is Cox's last year, Fredi's still under contract for 2011. As we often did with Perry Hill, I think we just force Fredi to honor his contract.

This has to be we're either doing this to placate Hanley that the shenanigans like the hair and jewelry policy were his and not the FO's, or that something that really pissed us off, like starting Bonifacio well after his worth was no longer in dispute or not playing Gaby over Helms or something like that, eventhough we've peddled Gaby to everyone in the league.

Comment

Really, there's no way we could keep him here if Atlanta wanted him, they would gladly pay that buyout. There's just some shenanigans afoot here, along with some tomfoolery and a bit of ballyhoo.

Comment

Well they couldn't pay a buyout if there weren't one.

I keep going back to Perry Hill. Our coaches service contracts are basically no-compete proof. The Red Sox would have paid us 3 times what we were paying Hill if we had buyouts in there.

Comment

I don't see specific performance being enforced there, not to mention why would you want a guy coaching for you that didn't want to be there.

Comment

If you fear Atlanta, you don't let him out of the contract.

I'm sure we have his contract allow us to assign him as an advisor and pay him whatever agreed upon amount. To keep him under contract doesn't mean we have to keep him as manager, most likely.

I'm not saying that this is what likely will happen, I just think that if all of this is done as a prelude to being terrified of Atlanta, there are many ways we can keep him off the 2011 Braves.

Comment

I'm wondering where all of this Fredi love is suddenly coming from.

Comment

I don't think you are reading the same thread as anyone else

No one has said they like Fredi

Comment

I don't see it as fear of Atlanta, as if somehow they become a perennial powerhouse by acquiring Fredi fucking Gonzalez. I am of the belief that managers have a marginal (at best) impact on the team, so I could give two shits about where he goes. I think it's more about being proactive, seeing that he'll be gone in two years, and trying to lock somebody up preemptively.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                                I don't think you are reading the same thread as anyone else

No one has said they like Fredi
                                Well, maybe I misunderstood a lot of this thread, but it seems like people are actually saying he is a solid manager and that we wouldn't be much better off with Valentine (regardless of the fact that he hasn't managed in the majors for a while; he's simply a better X's and O's guy).

Comment

Working...
                                X