No announcement yet.

Offseason Discussion - Positions Players/Bench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the same world where they view coghlan as a 2B, bonifacio as a bench player, and cantu as more replaceable than uggla

so not this one

Comment

• So let's say Nick Johnson is still hanging around the free agent market by the middle-end of December (shockingly, I haven't heard of ANY teams expressing interest in him so far). Do you guys think there is any chance we bring him back? I really think teams are reluctant to give him a contract based on his injury history. Would I be out of my mind if I said a two-year deal worth $12-14 million could bring him back to Florida?

Comment

• Nope

(as in, there's no way he comes back)

Comment

• absolutely will not happen

also last i heard oakland was kicking the tires on him
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Oakland kicks the tires on everything.

Comment

• as long as he gets signed fast so we get our picks as we are too cheap to offer arby and hope he doesnt sign, same with kiko unfortunately

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishfan79 View Post
                as long as he gets signed fast so we get our picks as we are too cheap to offer arby and hope he doesnt sign, same with kiko unfortunately
                Not sure it will happen anyway. Was no secret around the league that Arthur Rhodes had 2 or 3 offers last year and we didnt offer him arby then like 2 days later he signs with Cincy

Comment

• We don't want more first round/sandwich picks, we don't like paying bonuses

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Wilson View Post
                    We don't want more first round/sandwich picks, we don't like paying bonuses
                    We would love them the FO and ownership doesnt want them

Comment

• That's what I meant fella, it's the royal we

Comment

• No the FO likes them too. Its just they will draft someone who is suppose to sign for slot value or less and when they ask for more the FO will get angry

Comment

• Originally posted by Festa View Post
                          Oakland kicks the tires on everything.
                          Oakland has wanted Nick Johnson for many years. Truth.
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Sporting News Today mentions us as possible destinations for Brian Giles, Austin Kearns and Rick Ankiel. Any interest in any of the three?

Comment

• nope

Comment

• Doodie, doodie, and average doodie

Comment

Working...
                                X