Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lou View Post
    Are people really acting that way?

I mean, a better Albert Almora is a good player, especially with the hope power translates as he gets older for some additional upside. I'm happy if they presumably sign their longterm CF/RF 2-3 WAR starter with just IFA money and losing Barraclough and some nominal minor leaguers, but I haven't seen people going ape shit about it. That's dumb if so.

Anyways, we'll see what happens. At least they are doing something that can be construed as positive.
    I think to a casual fan, " there's a Cuban guy on the market" = he must be a superstar.

Comment

Camden Depot

@CamdenDepot
      Follow Follow @CamdenDepot
      More
      Mesa brothers are meeting with the Marlins in person today in Miami.

6:35 AM - 18 Oct 2018

Comment

So this seems like it is pretty assuredly going to happen for the mesa brothers at the very least.

- - - - - - - - - -

Who knows how they turn out, but its huge that we are taking the step of acknowledging IFA's and the drafts importance and focusing on building a sustainable team for this market for the first time ever. It should be the bare minimum for an owner to acknowledge how important that stuff was and for years loria essentially just said fuck it.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
          So this seems like it is pretty assuredly going to happen for the mesa brothers at the very least.

- - - - - - - - - -

Who knows how they turn out, but its huge that we are taking the step of acknowledging IFA's and the drafts importance and focusing on building a sustainable team for this market for the first time ever. It should be the bare minimum for an owner to acknowledge how important that stuff was and for years loria essentially just said fuck it.
          Ya Mesas to Miami is pretty much done this weekend. The meeting is pretty much Miami telling Marc Anthony the "plan" for them

Next question is Sandy Gaston cool with 1-1.5 million? If so don't be surprised to see 1 or 2 more trades but if NOT then Baltimore and TB are the favorites for him

Comment

Might as well just do what it takes to get the money to get all 3.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              Might as well just do what it takes to get the money to get all 3.
              Miami wants all 3 BUT they can only add 2 million more. Baltimore has 6 million and TB has 3.5 million

What I am saying is if Gaston says I will ONLY sign with Miami and take 1-1.5 million we will be making trades to get the cash. Straily to Balt? Prospect somewhere? But if he says he wants cash we can't afford him and no more deals

The 6.5 mil seems to be for the Mesa Brothers. VV-4.5 and Mesa Jr-2??

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                Miami wants all 3 BUT they can only add 2 million more. Baltimore has 6 million and TB has 3.5 million

What I am saying is if Gaston says I will ONLY sign with Miami and take 1-1.5 million we will be making trades to get the cash. Straily to Balt? Prospect somewhere? But if he says he wants cash we can't afford him and no more deals

The 6.5 mil seems to be for the Mesa Brothers. VV-4.5 and Mesa Jr-2??
                What future restrictions do they have next year or two for spending this much now?

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                  What future restrictions do they have next year or two for spending this much now?
                  NONE. Its a hard cap that says u can add up to 75% of original pool amount(which is why we can only add 2 million more no matter what)

IFA u can add up to 75% of original pool amount
                  Draft u can go 5% over(costs 75% tax if u do).IF u go over 5% then u lose picks

IFA used to be if u go over a certain amount then u can't sign anyone for more than 300K in like 3 cycles but they changed it. Now if u are willing to spend the cash they let u
                  Last edited by tjfla; 10-18-2018, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X