Marlins Trade 2 DSL Prospects to Astros for More IFA Money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Trade 2 DSL Prospects to Astros for More IFA Money

Did know if this deserved its own thread, but gave it one anyways based on the ramifications of this trade. We might have more IFA money than the O's now. Also dont like dealing DSL players with the Astros after they took Martes, but whatever. Win win.

Joe Frisaro

Verified account

@JoeFrisaro
    1m1 minute ago
    More
    Breaking: The @Marlins have traded Minor Leaguer OF Adonis Giron and LHP Brayan de Paula to the #Astros for an undisclosed amount of international bonus pool money. The two prospects played for the #Marlins Dominican Summer League team.
    oe Frisaro

Verified account

@JoeFrisaro
    10s10 seconds ago
    More
    The latest #Marlins trade for international bonus pool money is believed to put Miami ahead of #Orioles for most dollars to pursue Cuban prospects Victor Victor Mesa, Victor Mesa Jr. and Sandy Gaston. Miami covets all three.
    I know we have more total money now, but i wonder if that just means we will get the Mesa's or if getting the most money means we get all 3. You'd think that would mean the O's go all in for Gaston but that doesnt take into consideration those guys seemingly really wanting to be in this organization.
    Last edited by fish16; 10-16-2018, 11:12 AM.

I believe that IFA has to be traded in increments of $250K...so we at least added that.

Comment

De Paula looked good but was 19 in DSL and Giron has talent but nothing special and we have tons of OF already in the system with 2 more coming in

The goal is to get money for ALL 3 but they want enough for the Mesa Brothers atleast(Which they have NOW) whom wanna sign this week!!

Still have other trades out there for more cash if needed. We can add atleast 2 million or so(Gaston??) Again wouldnt be surprised if its Straily to Baltimore or DD somewhere

No issue trading minor league guys especially when the FO is ok with going over budget to sign guys in the draft who have talent

So at this point we have traded Bearclaw/Lillie/Giron/De Paula for VV/Mesa Jr and MAYBE Gaston. Looks like another Mike Hill trade win

No Top 30 guys and a RP with no control for #1 Prospect and 2 others in Top 25

- - - - - - - - - -

Another note. Sandy Gaston has made it known to teams he WANTS to sign with Miami. However #1 they wanna get the Mesa's first and #2 they don't wanna pay him 2.3 million like they agreed to in June

Belief is 1-1.5 million for him
      Last edited by tjfla; 10-16-2018, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Mish says that teams have submitted offers for the Mesas and it's in the hands of their reps now. Hopefully we get news soon if that is the case...

Comment

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
          Mish says that teams have submitted offers for the Mesas and it's in the hands of their reps now. Hopefully we get news soon if that is the case...
          Ya reports are they will make a decision by this weekend(at the latest)

Comment

Getting all of them would be incredible. If only for what it signifies about new ownership and IFA.

Comment

Mark Feinsand

Verified account

@Feinsand
              Following Following @Feinsand
              More Mark Feinsand Retweeted Joe Frisaro
              According to a source, the Marlins received $500K in International pool money from Astros in today's deal.

Comment

I hate trading with the Astros, hope this works out

Comment

A) They had better land at least two of the three Cubans.

B) It's kind of crazy how good fans think Victor Victor is despite a not so "sexy" scouting report. Everyone is going ape shit over him, when most of the reports we've seen suggest he ends up as a plus defender with an ok bat, and no power. I hope he ends up being more than that, but it seems like fans are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Comment

Yeah, I too think it's weird that they're throwing all their eggs into this basket. Look I'm happy it seems they're looking to use money to add young talent, but with this IFA arms race the Marlins are currently engaged in, you would think there would be an Ohtani level talent on the board. They're risking looking very foolish, if things don't go exactly to plan here.

Comment

Can't wait for these two random prospects to become the next Miguel Cabrera or something.

Comment

Looks like Mesas to Miami is close to being a done deal

Sandy Gaston wants to come to Miami but will likely have to make a decision. Miami wants him but not for the amount he wants and Baltimore will have 6 million to spend on him

So Gaston will have to decide Money vs Location

Baltimore and Tampa are interested in Gaston so doubtful Miami gets him unless he is willing to take far less $$$. Both will have over 3 million to spend

Right now looks like VV and Mesa Jr to Miami and Gaston to Baltimore OR TB
                        Last edited by tjfla; 10-17-2018, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                          A) They had better land at least two of the three Cubans.

B) It's kind of crazy how good fans think Victor Victor is despite a not so "sexy" scouting report. Everyone is going ape shit over him, when most of the reports we've seen suggest he ends up as a plus defender with an ok bat, and no power. I hope he ends up being more than that, but it seems like fans are setting themselves up for disappointment.
                          One would hope it's only the beginning of such efforts, and that they'd take a similar approach were a top-level name out there.

Comment

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                            One would hope it's only the beginning of such efforts, and that they'd take a similar approach were a top-level name out there.
                            Absolutely. I'm all for that. But all over social media I see fans going ape shit over him thinking he's going to be the next Cuban star, and I feel like they're setting themselves up for disappointment because he's not that kind of a prospect, it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                              Absolutely. I'm all for that. But all over social media I see fans going ape shit over him thinking he's going to be the next Cuban star, and I feel like they're setting themselves up for disappointment because he's not that kind of a prospect, it seems.
                              Are people really acting that way?

I mean, a better Albert Almora is a good player, especially with the hope power translates as he gets older for some additional upside. I'm happy if they presumably sign their longterm CF/RF 2-3 WAR starter with just IFA money and losing Barraclough and some nominal minor leaguers, but I haven't seen people going ape shit about it. That's dumb if so.

Anyways, we'll see what happens. At least they are doing something that can be construed as positive.

Comment

Working...
                              X