Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gammons: 2 International Scouting Directors Say BOTH Mesa's Are a Done Deal to Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah let's give them credit before they've actually done anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
      Yeah let's give them credit before they've actually done anything.
      I said if they get those guys. and the investing into the IFA market i was referring to was in terms of better player development and facilities down there and stuff like that. Not necessarily getting individual guys but just the overall emphasis on IFA importance unlike Loria for years.

Comment

Jeter was pictured today at the ballpark sitting and talking with Marc Anthony who is apparently the agent for the mesa brothers because of course he is.

Comment

Here's the Photo:

https://twitter.com/ZMANFERENCE/stat...192256/photo/1

- - - - - - - - - -

FWIW:

https://twitter.com/Alejomonte1/stat...70046323916801

In that Sandy Gaston interview you can see his eyes light up when we was asked if he wanted to play in Miami . Wants to follow the example of Jose Fernandez . I think Sandy Gaston gets done rather quickley after the workout today #Marlins #Mlb #MarlinsTwitter

Comment

If we were able to get all 3 somehow.... wow. It seems like all 3 really want to play in miami. is there enough money for all 3?

Comment

That would be a pretty great start to the offseason to get Mesa(s) and Gaston

Comment

https://www.fishstripes.com/2018/10/...a-sandy-gaston

I normally wouldn't post things from fishstripes, but they had what seemed to be the most info on what happened today - not the performance, but what the Marlins did.

Following their showcase, the Mesas and Gastón were brought into the home clubhouse. Television monitors welcomed them by name. They also found personalized lockers and Miami Marlins uniforms with their names on the back. Gastón even tried his on:

Víctor Víctor received a No. 32 uniform. He wore that number while playing in the Cuban National Series.

It’s currently being used on the Fish by Derek Dietrich, though Andre Fernandez identified Dietrich as a potential non-tender candidate this offseason in a chat with The Athletic subscribers on Thursday.

The Marlins are believed to be among the favorites to sign the Mesas, and they were reportedly nearing an agreement with Gastón this summer before a failed PED test. There’s about $4.3 million remaining in the club’s international bonus pool with the possibility of adding to that by trading productive veterans.

On the other hand, Víctor Mesa Sr.—himself a longtime professional baseball player—conducted a recent interview in Spanish with Jorge Ebro of El Nuevo Herald. Mesa was clear that, all things being equal, Miami is the best environment for his sons.

Comment

They want Gaston still just NOT at the 2.3 million dollar price and now that the Mesas are FA he is target #3. If they sign VV for less than 4.3 I could see them trying to get Gaston for between 500K-800K but VV is the main target right now

Still hearing VV and maybe Gaston NOW and Mesa JR on July 2 2019 but Miami IS looking for IFA cash. DD,SP,RP,minor league guys all are options

Their dad wants them in Miami btw

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                  If we were able to get all 3 somehow.... wow. It seems like all 3 really want to play in miami. is there enough money for all 3?
                  Not right now but they are trying to get cash so its possible. Don't be surprised if they trade ML guys for IFA cash

Worst case is come to terms with VV and Gaston now then July 2 2019 sign Mesa Jr

Looks like Miami is #1 choice for ALL 3 of them however

Comment

Seems to me victor jr should just wait until next signing period if it means we can get gaston as well. That would be a crazy addition to the system. The orioles as of right now seem to be really fucking up having the much money to spend.

- - - - - - - - - -

Id imagine Victor would start in AA?

Comment

Honestly if they sign Victor Victor the O’s are like open for business in terms of trading bonus pool. And this team is in a bit of a 40 man roster crunch so maybe they can work somethings.
                      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Minor leaguer Ryan Lillie just tweeted thanking the Marlins and saying he’s excited to join the Reds. I wonder if they just dealt him for more international money?

Comment

Lillie has officially been traded for IFA money. No word on how much yet. Have to think we are pretty confident in landing these guys if we are making this move 1 day after the workout.

Comment

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                            Minor leaguer Ryan Lillie just tweeted thanking the Marlins and saying he’s excited to join the Reds. I wonder if they just dealt him for more international money?
                            Doubtful. Miami just wants the IFA cash

Surprised Lillie was dealt as he is a solid arm(Mike King type) but likely a #4/5 SP or RP. U trade that all day for 3 guys with ALOT more potential

Comment

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                              Lillie has officially been traded for IFA money. No word on how much yet. Have to think we are pretty confident in landing these guys if we are making this move 1 day after the workout.
                              Let's guess at the amount. I'll say $500K.

Sticker prices for others: Gallen $1M, Dugger $750K Puckett and Sierra $500K each

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                                Seems to me victor jr should just wait until next signing period if it means we can get gaston as well. That would be a crazy addition to the system. The orioles as of right now seem to be really fucking up having the much money to spend.

- - - - - - - - - -

Id imagine Victor would start in AA?
                                Jupiter or Jax to start. Close in Jax(unless he hits like .300/25/70 then who the hell knows). Maybe a AFL stint. 2020 Marlins Starting LF is the hope

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                                Let's guess at the amount. I'll say $500K.

Sticker prices for others: Gallen $1M, Dugger $750K Puckett and Sierra $500K each
                                Cincy was in the penalty which means they probably have alot of cash left. Gonna say MORE than that and DOUBT they trade any of those guys for IFA. The guys that might be dealt are Brayan Hernandez,Low A Ball SP,40 man guys who could be DFA(Meyer like)

Comment

Working...
                                X