Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gammons: 2 International Scouting Directors Say BOTH Mesa's Are a Done Deal to Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gammons: 2 International Scouting Directors Say BOTH Mesa's Are a Done Deal to Miami

Peter Gammons

Verified account

@pgammo
    19s19 seconds ago
    More Peter Gammons Retweeted Joe Frisaro
    Two International Directors think the Mesas are a done deal to Miami
    That would be enormous. Didnt know whether to give it its own thread or not but we can just make this the general IFA thread or the Victor Victor thread.

Dont think there is enough to go around but being able to sign Gaston for cheaper as well after the positive drug test would be a crazy good haul that this system isnt used to getting from the IFA market.
    Last edited by fish16; 09-30-2018, 08:15 AM.

I'm waiting to believe anything until it's done. We've got our hopes up for things before, only for nothing to happen, so....

Comment

Ya I would wait till a Jesse Sanchez or Ben Badler say it but like said yesterday-we have a VERY good chance at them.

Nothing set in stone but wouldn't be surprised to see VV signed now and assigned to Jupiter or Jax play in AFL after 2019 then 2020 Majors. Mesa Jr waits till July 2 2019 to sign with us and plays in GCL

If Gaston is still around July 2 2019 maybe we try to get him again but could see Baltimore throw tons of cash at him now. Doubt he would take less than 300K

Give VV 4 million now
      Give Mesa Jr(wink wink) 2-3 million July 2 2019

Mesa Brothers for 7 million!!!

Then figure out what to do with JT and in draft at #4 take HS SS Rece Hinds/Abrams or a College C.
      Last edited by tjfla; 09-30-2018, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        Ya I would wait till a Jesse Sanchez or Ben Badler say it but like said yesterday-we have a VERY good chance at them.

Nothing set in stone but wouldn't be surprised to see VV signed now and assigned to Jupiter or Jax play in AFL after 2019 then 2020 Majors. Mesa Jr waits till July 2 2019 to sign with us and plays in GCL

If Gaston is still around July 2 2019 maybe we try to get him again but could see Baltimore throw tons of cash at him now. Doubt he would take less than 300K

Give VV 4 million now
        Give Mesa Jr(wink wink) 2-3 million July 2 2019

Mesa Brothers for 7 million!!!

Then figure out what to do with JT and in draft at #4 take HS SS Rece Hinds/Abrams or a College C.
        I know that VV is no Robles, Acuna, or Soto, but I've only read about a comparison to Albert Almora (Yikes!). Can you post some articles that paint a prettier picture?

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
          I know that VV is no Robles, Acuna, or Soto, but I've only read about a comparison to Albert Almora (Yikes!). Can you post some articles that paint a prettier picture?
          Almora is a pretty awful comparison. Stat wise offensively id compare him to Trea Turner.

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
            Worst case he is Albert Almora and probably worst case better than him. If we sign him pretty much pencil him in LF in 2020

I just hope he hits .400/30/100 in minors so he is Lee's Top 5 instead of 26 yr old LR guys
            Last edited by tjfla; 09-30-2018, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Worst case he is Albert Almora and probably worst case better than him. If we sign him pretty much pencil him in LF in 2020

I just hope he hits .400/30/100 in minors so he is Lee's Top 5 instead of 26 yr old LR guys
              LF? He's supposed to be a brilliant defender in CF with a great arm.

Comment

Watch the Marlins be the first team in the last few years to get Cuban players who don't go on to become successful major leaguers.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
                  Watch the Marlins be the first team in the last few years to get Cuban players who don't go on to become successful major leaguers.
                  wouldnt be close to being the first.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                    Of the notable names Cuban players have been highly successful in the 2010s.

Was made more as a joke anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
                      Though as pointed out they wouldn't be the first, that would definitely be a Marlins thing to happen.

Comment

dude you are the driest person ever....can't you see anything humorous ?

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                        Though as pointed out they wouldn't be the first, that would definitely be a Marlins thing to happen.
                        Like trading away back to back NL MVP's.....yep a Marlins thing to do

Comment

VV/Mesa Jr/Gaston workout tommorrow. We need to offer VV on Sat!!

Baltimore just fired Duquette which means they have NO Director of Baseball/GM/Manager. Offer him 4 million fast and get him signed

“In the past, our international budgets really weren’t where we needed to be,” said Hill, who has worked for both owners. “We didn’t maximize that area of talent acquisition. It’s something that, under our new ownership, they understand that international talent -- all talent -- is important when you’re trying to build a championship organization, and we’re going to leave no stone unturned.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/m...#storylink=cpy
                          Last edited by tjfla; 10-04-2018, 12:43 PM.

Comment

VV/Mesa Jr/Gaston workout tommorrow. We need to offer VV on Sat!!

Baltimore just fired Duquette which means they have NO Director of Baseball/GM/Manager. Offer him 4 million fast and get him signed

“In the past, our international budgets really weren’t where we needed to be,” said Hill, who has worked for both owners. “We didn’t maximize that area of talent acquisition. It’s something that, under our new ownership, they understand that international talent -- all talent -- is important when you’re trying to build a championship organization, and we’re going to leave no stone unturned.”

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/m...#storylink=cpy
                            And manager too and they are, as hard as it is to believe, significantly behind us in terms of a rebuild and arent located in little havana. Victor Victor should be ours and id like to see us pick up Gaston too as well as victor jr if possible. Dont think there is enough money though.

Its not sexy to casual fans, but its clear from our every action since the new ownership took over that we are heavily heavily investing into the IFA market in coming years FINALLY. Unfortunately that doesnt happen overnight.

Comment

And manager too and they are, as hard as it is to believe, significantly behind us in terms of a rebuild and arent located in little havana. Victor Victor should be ours and id like to see us pick up Gaston too as well as victor jr if possible. Dont think there is enough money though.

Its not sexy to casual fans, but its clear from our every action since the new ownership took over that we are heavily heavily investing into the IFA market in coming years FINALLY. Unfortunately that doesnt happen overnight.
                              I'm cautiously optimistic until it actually happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X