Marlins trade Justin Bour to Phillies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
    Guess I was wrong. Oretga called up and is starting tonight.
    My God. I'm taking a break from this shit.

Comment

I know Lou liked Ortega in spring and he has been on fire recently.

- - - - - - - - - -

Don't know if he'd be interested but if Bour is indeed non-tendered he would make sense as a stop gap 1b free agent signing in the winter.

Comment

Shocked they didn't call up Dean unless he was removed from the game 2 nights ago with a legit injury.

Comment

Shocked they didn't call up Dean unless he was removed from the game 2 nights ago with a legit injury.
          Gotta be an injury if he wasnt called up just now and was 2-2 in that game already.

Comment

but if Dean is injured why make the Bour trade? You couldn't have given him away for practically nothing in 2 weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
              but if Dean is injured why make the Bour trade? You couldn't have given him away for practically nothing in 2 weeks?
              I don't think one has anything to do with the other. Once Bour was claimed, they only have a certain amount of time to work out a deal.

Comment

Can Bour only be put on waivers once?

Comment

Yes, I believe so.

Comment

So Bour gets put on waivers with the intention of bringing up Dean in his stead and Dean gets hurt in that 2 day period. Classic Marlins.

Comment

So Bour gets put on waivers with the intention of bringing up Dean in his stead and Dean gets hurt in that 2 day period. Classic Marlins.
                      He's put on waivers because all players are. He happened to get claimed and they worked out a deal they liked. I doubt Dean played a big role in any of it.

Comment

Ya, they aren’t making moves based on dean. Dean is a nothing prospect really, just doesn’t make sense that he hasn’t been called up yet in a lost year regardless

Comment

I think you can only be placed on revocable waivers once, and can be pulled back once. If put back on waivers and claimed, you have to trade the player.

---

Barraclough to the 10 day DL (low back stiffness), Ortega selected, and Rucinski activated.
                          Last edited by rmc523; 08-10-2018, 02:41 PM.

Comment

He's put on waivers because all players are. He happened to get claimed and they worked out a deal they liked. I doubt Dean played a big role in any of it.
                            This has never made sense to me. If all players are put on waivers wouldn't all trades typically happen in the 2 days following the actual trade deadline? Are you saying Bour was passing waivers for over a week before he got claimed? That doesn't make sense, does it?

Comment

This has never made sense to me. If all players are put on waivers wouldn't all trades typically happen in the 2 days following the actual trade deadline? Are you saying Bour was passing waivers for over a week before he got claimed? That doesn't make sense, does it?
                              I don’t know exactly how it works, but my guess is teams put players on waivers at different times. I’m sure most are never heard about because they are claimed and pulled back or pass through and then could be traded at any time before the 31st.

Comment

Plus Dean left the game two nights back with minor lower half discomfort and missed last night out of precaution.

Comment

Working...
                                X