No announcement yet.

2018 Spring Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merandy is viewed as a reliever by most, based on what I've read. Works for me - he just earned his first save. We need quality relievers beyond Barraclough and Steckenrider. Hopefully, Wittgren will bounce back and Ellington will straighten things out.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      You dont make a decision on Merandy, you let his play make the decision. If he continues to be successful starting you keep him there, if not you move him to the pen. pretty simply.
      Agreed just saying I wish they would figure it out before having him close/RP all Spring then back to SP in AA. If they want him to be a SP then start stretching him out now,don't have him throw 1 inning for weeks then in AA 6+

Easy way to blow an arm. They throw 1 inning/10-15 pitches then all of a sudden 6+/90 pitches

Comment

Harrison with an rbi double.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          Agreed just saying I wish they would figure it out before having him close/RP all Spring then back to SP in AA. If they want him to be a SP then start stretching him out now,don't have him throw 1 inning for weeks then in AA 6+

Easy way to blow an arm. They throw 1 inning/10-15 pitches then all of a sudden 6+/90 pitches
          It was his first Spring outing. Even the best starters only go 2 innings to start Spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
            It was his first Spring outing. Even the best starters only go 2 innings to start Spring.
            IS that what he was trying to say? I was wondering why he was saying that. Not only do most guys go a few innings to start the spring, prospects who never really have a chance to make the major league roster to begin the year never really do much besides pitching late in games for an inning or 2. Id expect him to get a few more innings in a couple more games and then be sent to the minors in a week or 2.

Comment

Not a good debut for Zac Gallen.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                I know saying in the future I hope they don't do that is all. Starters go 2 and RP go 1 no matter if they get destroyed or look great the first week or 2 and then they start stretching them out longer.

Comment

six consecutive knocks off Gallen - most pitchers don't pull that off in a lifetime!

good to see Deets square one up

Meyer and Lopez throwing well

What's Tyler Cloyd doing at the Marlin camp??

Comment

I think Dietrich is going to have a big first half and actually get us a pretty solid prospect or 2 at the deadline. He's got a lot going for him that a contender at the deadline could like such as positional versatility and pretty plus power for a guy who could play 2b on top of the fact that he is under team control for a few more years. I really think Oakland is a big possibility if they are still in it come the deadline.

Really rough debut for Gallen today but hopefully he'll pick it up the next few times out.
                    Brinson starting off spring really well too.

Comment

[QUOTE=Lee Stone;388760]six consecutive knocks off Gallen - most pitchers don't pull that off in a lifetime!

good to see Deets square one up

Meyer and Lopez throwing well

What's Tyler Cloyd doing at the Marlin camp??[/QUOTE]

AAA Depth and u need to give ML invites to get them. Like catchers pitchers are just up to help out and eat some innings/take pressure off others. U can't have 25 arms in camp and only 4 C so they bring up like 7/8 to help out

Comment

Van Slyke is spring training Babe Ruth.

- - - - - - - - - -

Harrison another rbi double.

Comment

Shit man, aside from Gallen it seems like just about every guy we've gotten in trades has started off the spring playing pretty well. Obviously early as hell though. also, JT looks to have come out of the gate extremely hot as well.

Nice solid 2 innings for Urena today and 2 scoreless for Caleb Smith as well although he did have 2 walks. I think Caleb smith will definitely earn a rotation spot to start the year. Also hope to see Urena develop the ability to go deeper into games this year. Thats the next step for him if he takes a next step this year. I really want to see whether he progresses, regresses, or just kinda stays as a mid-back of the rotation guy who has good stuff but isnt efficient with his pitches.

Comment

Marlins beat the Astros 11-0 today. Astros won the world series last year. Everyone knows that means we are now the reigning world series champs. Take that Barry Jackson and the rest of the rebuild haters.

Comment

Merandy gets the 9th again today!!

Comment

and Straily has an OF that can run down every shot that stays in the park!

Would like to see something good from Isan Diaz. He's ranked four among all 2B prospects.

Comment

Working...
                                X