2018 Spring Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But I also feel like....

If you’re going to go ahead and launch Rich Waltz, go ahead and launch Holly too. It’s not like Holly is this gem in the booth that needs to stay.

So what I’m saying is..........Keep Waltz and Holly or get rid of both.

I’m far from blown away by Severino. But he’s definitely not annoying.

Comment

• Pitching outlook is bleak, I'm afraid. The team has allowed second most walks in the ML - and recorded second fewest strikeouts. I wouldn't be surprised to see all of the first week starters gone from the rotation by May.

Comment

• So DL/Rehab to AAA to start the year

Chen,Prado,Straily,Elieser,Ellington,JT,Riddle(Reh ab),Wittgren(Rehab),Graves?

Graves no clue he is hurt but won't make the team. Tyler Kinley made Twins(no real loss and I would be cool if they traded us a Low Level Prospect for him)

C-Telis/Wallach
        1B-Bour
        2B-Castro
        SS-Rojas/Adames OR Mooney
        3B-Anderson
        LF-Maybin/Cooper
        CF-Brinson
        RF-DD/SVS

SP-Urena/Despaigne/Smith/Turner/Nicolino
        RP-Guerrero/Steck/Taz/O'Grady/Bearclaw/Ziegler/Diaz AND OR Guerra

DFA-Nola/Needy/Graves/Del Pozo 60 Day-Chen/Prado IF needed?
        Last edited by tjfla; 03-24-2018, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
          So DL/Rehab to AAA to start the year

Chen,Prado,Straily,Elieser,Ellington,JT,Riddle(Reh ab),Wittgren(Rehab),Graves?

Graves no clue he is hurt but won't make the team. Tyler Kinley made Twins(no real loss and I would be cool if they traded us a Low Level Prospect for him)

C-Telis/Wallach
          1B-Bour
          2B-Castro
          SS-Rojas/Adames OR Mooney
          3B-Anderson
          LF-Maybin/Cooper
          CF-Brinson
          RF-DD/SVS

SP-Urena/Despaigne/Smith/Turner/Nicolino
          RP-Guerrero/Steck/Taz/O'Grady/Bearclaw/Ziegler/Diaz AND OR Guerra

DFA-Nola/Needy/Graves/Del Pozo 60 Day-Chen/Prado IF needed?
          Hopefully they still can pick up someone off waivers/DFA for the rotation in the next couple of days.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
            Hopefully they still can pick up someone off waivers/DFA for the rotation in the next couple of days.
            Ya they have 24 guys on roster if they only add 1 of Jumbo or Guerra

They can put Chen and Prado on 60 Day retro to start of ST(means they can come back May) if they need a spot

Remember tho Elieser moves into rotation mid April and they can bring 3 young guys up Mid May so that rotation will only be for April

Comment

• The one question: Do they start the clock on Anderson and Brinson or hold them back until May? Given the overall outlook, I can't think of a single reason to keep either n the 25-man.

Comment

• Nolasco and Bartolo back on the market

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Lee Stone View Post
                The one question: Do they start the clock on Anderson and Brinson or hold them back until May? Given the overall outlook, I can't think of a single reason to keep either n the 25-man.
                Hearing they both will make opening day roster. They wanna hold them back but no spots really. Spots already tight with them on ML roster

Comment

• I know this has been mentioned elsewhere, but while I'd love to see Brinson (and to a lesser extent Anderson) stay down for however long it would be to get an extra year out of them, I wonder if the fact that the MLBPA is probably keeping a close eye on the team plays a part in the Marlins keeping Brinson up. It would be hard to explain to MLBPA the rationale of sending Brinson down the way he has played this spring, especially with a lack of other serviceable options.

BTW, I thought it odd Severino on yesterday's game remarked that the Nationals offer was the only one Hellickson had received this off-season, given the mention here that he and others had an offer on the table from the Marlins.

Comment

• Originally posted by geemoney View Post
                    I know this has been mentioned elsewhere, but while I'd love to see Brinson (and to a lesser extent Anderson) stay down for however long it would be to get an extra year out of them, I wonder if the fact that the MLBPA is probably keeping a close eye on the team plays a part in the Marlins keeping Brinson up. It would be hard to explain to MLBPA the rationale of sending Brinson down the way he has played this spring, especially with a lack of other serviceable options.

BTW, I thought it odd Severino on yesterday's game remarked that the Nationals offer was the only one Hellickson had received this off-season, given the mention here that he and others had an offer on the table from the Marlins.
                    Severino the guy who was interviewing guys saying it will be nice too meet u finally? They had offers out to a number of "vet" arms but like said no one was really interested in us then Mattingly liked what he saw in Turner and the need wasnt as much

As for Brinson,MLBPA can't say anything however with all the injuries and roster crunch already he will be on the team. MLB and the other owners know what Miami is doing when Jeter got the team so MLBPA can cry all they want but fact is that is how the agreement goes. Next one write in something that isnt related to service time
                    Last edited by tjfla; 03-24-2018, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• The Marlins could easily keep Brinson down. They’re just a dumb organization despite a new ownership group. New owners, same philosophy.

LF-Dietrich, CF-Maybin, RF-Cooper, 4th OF-Van Slyke. It’s not that hard and has nothing to do with injuries. They’re just dumb.

I do believe they would’ve kept Anderson down had Prado stayed healthy, but Brinson was going to make it regardless with a solid ST (which, to his credit, he had a solid ST).

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                        The Marlins could easily keep Brinson down. They’re just a dumb organization despite a new ownership group. New owners, same philosophy.

LF-Dietrich, CF-Maybin, RF-Cooper, 4th OF-Van Slyke. It’s not that hard and has nothing to do with injuries. They’re just dumb.

I do believe they would’ve kept Anderson down had Prado stayed healthy, but Brinson was going to make it regardless with a solid ST (which, to his credit, he had a solid ST).
                        Yep that is what they were planning with Anderson

As for Brinson if he hit like .111 and they had another OF option on the 40 man already he would have been sent down. However he hit .350 and the other 2 options are Braxton Lee and Sierra.

I would send them both down till May but hearing they aren't

LF-DD
                        CF-Maybin
                        RF-Cooper/SVS

That means u need a 40 man spot for someone else like Campbell or Shuck. We already are adding 4 or 5 guys and only have 4 or 5 guys we can make spots for so it has stuff to do with injuries

Nola-Adames OR Mooney
                        Graves-Turner
                        Needy-Diaz OR Guerra
                        Chen 60 Day-SVS

Add new guy would mean Prado 60 Day or Del Pozo DFA
                        Last edited by tjfla; 03-24-2018, 12:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by geemoney View Post
                          I know this has been mentioned elsewhere, but while I'd love to see Brinson (and to a lesser extent Anderson) stay down for however long it would be to get an extra year out of them, I wonder if the fact that the MLBPA is probably keeping a close eye on the team plays a part in the Marlins keeping Brinson up. It would be hard to explain to MLBPA the rationale of sending Brinson down the way he has played this spring, especially with a lack of other serviceable options.

Disagree. Galloway, Shuck, even Van Slyke have performed as well as Brinson, who leads team in whiffs. Kudos to Richards for a solid effort today.

By Joe Frisaro MLB.com @JoeFrisaro
                          5:03 PM ET
                          Facebook Share
                          Twitter Share
                          Email
                          Copy Link
                          Print
                          WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- At a time the Marlins are looking for rotation candidates to step up, Trevor Richards has delivered.

Ranked by MLB Pipeline as the organization's No. 22 prospect, Richards impressed in Saturday's 4-3 win over the Nationals at FITTEAM Ballpark of the Palm Beaches. In six innings, he allowed one unearned run, and he's giving the organization something to think about in putting together the staff.

View Full Game Coverage
                          "Really good," manager Don Mattingly said. "He continued to change speeds."

If it seems like Richards has come out of nowhere to be in contention to make the Opening Day roster, it's because he has. Not on the 40-man roster, the Marlins sent Richards to the Minors earlier in camp. He was projected to be part of Triple-A New Orleans' rotation.

Out of nowhere? How does the minor league pitcher of the year come out of nowhere? The real question is how does the most promising pitcher rate as #22 among prospects?
                          Last edited by Lee Stone; 03-24-2018, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                            The Marlins could easily keep Brinson down. They’re just a dumb organization despite a new ownership group. New owners, same philosophy.

Erick is right.

New ownership, same type of tool boxes running it (with the exception of Denbo).

Comment

• The Phillies DFA’d Cameron Rupp today. I’d rather have him then any of our backup catchers currently on the roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                                The Phillies DFA’d Cameron Rupp today. I’d rather have him then any of our backup catchers currently on the roster.
                                2nd that. DFA Wallach and Claim Rupp. Wallach will pass thru easy

Comment

Working...
                                X