2018 Spring Training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Ya I doubt Kowar is there at #13 just saying those are possibles in 8-12 range and 1 or 2 will get to #13. Very Top Heavy College arm draft(which is good for us)

- - - - - - - - - -

In kinda Marlins news

Martinez signed with Texas for 2.8 million

Seth Romero(who some thought would be in a JT trade) was suspended by Washington.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2...ng-team-policy

- - - - - - - - - -

Marlins have told ALL teams they are open for business and have stuff at C/1B/2B/3B/UT/OF/SP/RP. Pretty much if u need something Call US
    How is that different from before?

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
      How is that different from before?
      Its not just saying they have stuff at EVERY spot so u will be hearing Miami in alot of trade rumors between now and July 31

Comment

• It's what I like to call: Inside Info

Comment

• Cool, go big in IFA (pitchers, up the middle players) in July.

Nats trade should be Soto/Fedde/Severino/Raquet or Kieboom/Fedde/Garcia/Severino/lower outside top 20 arm, each with or without some a combo of Wieters-Ziegler being moved back and forth, with maybe some money being sent to Nats to deflect Ziegler $2-3 million.

And good, that's what they should be like. Scorch earth by July 31st - Realmuto, Bour, Castro, Prado, Dietrich, Maybin, Straily, Ziegler, Tazawa, Barraclough. Add 1 really good (Realmuto centerpiece), 4-5 pretty good (Realmuto piece 2, hopefully main guy for Straily, Bour, Barraclough, maybe Castro or Dietrich), and 8-10+ Merandy/Torres/Yamamoto/B. Hernandez's to the system. Throw in the 2018 draft and some IFA, and hopefully that's something we can get behind.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          It's what I like to call: Inside Info
          I visualized this with the hotels.com captain obvious guy

Comment

• I like Romero's potential in a JT deal but given the reports out of their camp id stay away from him now. Seems like a guy who just doesnt get it despite having a ton of talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              I like Romero's potential in a JT deal but given the reports out of their camp id stay away from him now. Seems like a guy who just doesnt get it despite having a ton of talent.
              Ya this is why they were cautious with a Kieboom/Romero type deal. Our FO had alot of issues with Romero(Weed/Weight/Attitude)

Miami seems to be hoping that a team loses a Catcher for the year and then they can trade JT there. He still wants to be dealt and Miami wants to deal him but not what Houston or Washington is offering

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by lou View Post
              Cool, go big in IFA (pitchers, up the middle players) in July.

Nats trade should be Soto/Fedde/Severino/Raquet or Kieboom/Fedde/Garcia/Severino/lower outside top 20 arm, each with or without some a combo of Wieters-Ziegler being moved back and forth, with maybe some money being sent to Nats to deflect Ziegler $2-3 million.

And good, that's what they should be like. Scorch earth by July 31st - Realmuto, Bour, Castro, Prado, Dietrich, Maybin, Straily, Ziegler, Tazawa, Barraclough. Add 1 really good (Realmuto centerpiece), 4-5 pretty good (Realmuto piece 2, hopefully main guy for Straily, Bour, Barraclough, maybe Castro or Dietrich), and 8-10+ Merandy/Torres/Yamamoto/B. Hernandez's to the system. Throw in the 2018 draft and some IFA, and hopefully that's something we can get behind.

- - - - - - - - - -

I visualized this with the hotels.com captain obvious guy
              Seems to be the idea. Draft 2 or 3 College Arms early and add at least Gaston/possibly others in IFA. Wouldn't be surprised to see us go with College Arms and College C early in the draft

Top Guy (3/4 guys total) for JT and main guys for Bour/Bearclaw and maybe Castro. Then mid/low level for the rest.

They seem to be holding out for 1 Top Guy,ML Ready C and mid level prospect for JT from all the teams that have asked

Comment

• I definitely think a perfect draft on paper is three college arms and a college catcher with their first 4 picks. Keep grabbing 2B/SS and SP with the current guys left to trade which seems like an easier sell on paper then targeting other teams catcher of the future.

Comment

• Would love us to take JJ Schwarz. Kind of the Florida homer in me, but I like him a lot, think he will end up being serviceable in the bigs.
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                    I definitely think a perfect draft on paper is three college arms and a college catcher with their first 4 picks. Keep grabbing 2B/SS and SP with the current guys left to trade which seems like an easier sell on paper then targeting other teams catcher of the future.
                    We got 4 of First 90 Picks. (Order is NOT set yet)

#13-College SP Kowar/Mize/Rolison/Gilbert
                    #50-College Arm Blaine Knight/Sean Wymer/Adam Hill/Dallas Woolfolk
                    #70-College C Grant Koch/Spencer Smith OR MIF Tyler Frank/Cadyn Greiner
                    #88-BPA who will sign. HS or College

But ya first 3 picks should be College guys and I would take 2 College Catchers in first 6 Rds

Some Senior College C are Chris Williams,Matt Duce,Brett Bond

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                    Would love us to take JJ Schwarz. Kind of the Florida homer in me, but I like him a lot, think he will end up being serviceable in the bigs.
                    I like Schwarz too. The question is can he stick at C? If FO thinks he can maybe u take him 2S pick. If he is around in 5th/6th Rd I would jump on him no matter what because of the power
                    Last edited by tjfla; 03-06-2018, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• how the fuck do you guys know so much about draft eligible players and who would be good picks? i could name the kid Singer from UF but thats about it as far as this years draft goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                        how the fuck do you guys know so much about draft eligible players and who would be good picks? i could name the kid Singer from UF but thats about it as far as this years draft goes.
                        Singer is gone in Top 3 however UF Closer Byrne could be in at #50 for us

Comment

• Singer at 1 wouldn't shock me honestly

I think Schwarz could stick at catcher but I don't think he'll be better than average defensively. You put up with it because I think the hit tool is progressing well and the power has always been there. I think he's a 3rd-4th rounder even if you think he can stick, unless he has a monster season this year (which he may).

To answer your question [MENTION=1190]fish16[/MENTION] I watch a lot of college baseball and follow it very closely.
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• that makes sense. Could never get into college baseball at all and obviously am not watching any high school baseball.

Comment

• Said this before during drafts when I've talked about players. When it comes to prep guys I know nothing. I don't follow HS baseball at all except for what I see in scouting reports. But I am a big big college baseball fan.

- - - - - - - - - -

It's tough to get into because it's different in so many ways (namely strategy) but once you get into it it's easy to fall in love.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                                Singer at 1 wouldn't shock me honestly

I think Schwarz could stick at catcher but I don't think he'll be better than average defensively. You put up with it because I think the hit tool is progressing well and the power has always been there. I think he's a 3rd-4th rounder even if you think he can stick, unless he has a monster season this year (which he may).

To answer your question [MENTION=1190]fish16[/MENTION] I watch a lot of college baseball and follow it very closely.
                                Ya I think Singer will go #1 too but its hard now because teams look to save cash. If he asks for too much Detroit could go other ways but he won't get past 3

That is what I mean. If u take a Catcher at 2S #70 it has to be a guy u know will be a Catcher-Koch and Smith both are gonna stick behind the plate. If Denbo thinks he can then I would be cool with him at #70 especially since would save us cash. I see Schwarz as a 1B with power who could play C decent if needed

- - - - - - - - - -

Long as our draft isn't like the past where we draft guys in Rd 2/3 who aren't even Top 500 guys or start drafting 24 yr old seniors for 20 straight picks I wont complain
                                Last edited by tjfla; 03-06-2018, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X