Jose Fernandez Innings Watch 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
    The whole thing is dumb. He's gone in a few years, he already had TJ, use him as much as possible while you've still got him
    Yea but you don't want to over stress him.

Assuming 2016 is healthy, pitch him until he can't anymore in 17 and 18

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
      Yea but you don't want to over stress him.

Assuming 2016 is healthy, pitch him until he can't anymore in 17 and 18
      to hell with that. treat him like mark prior. squeeze every ounce out of your asset - it has a very limited useful life at this point (in miami).

if he wanted to put his eggs into the same basket as the team, he should have considered a reasonable extension offer. that way, player and team interests are aligned. in this case, player and team are not aligned. team owns player and should plan only on doing whatever is necessary to get as much out of player for as long as team will control player.

Comment

Which makes me ask a question that I've been wondering a lot about lately.........

What are the factors involved in the decisions for players to be represented by Boras and those that don't choose Boras?

Or is Boras doing the choosing?

If the players are choosing it can't be as cut and dry as $$$$$$$$$$$$. Or can it?

And btw I totally agree with Madman in reference to squeezing as much out of the asset as the club can.

Comment

Yeah. This is business and you squeeze your assets dry before you let them go for free.

Comment

Working...
          X