Marlins trade Mat Latos, Mike Morse to LA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Ya I wouldn't mind him being the #3 Project Arm guy. A package of Lee/Anderson(Headliner),Wieland(ML Ready Arm)and Brigham(Project) wouldnt be bad
    I think you think we're getting way more than we actually are.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
      I think you think we're getting way more than we actually are.
      I don't think we are getting that I am just saying that wouldn't be a bad package. Like Hugg said Brigham is probably the headliner

Comment

• Puig would be a good fit.

We're definitely weak in RF.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          Do you think the reason we don't know the minor league players LA is sending yet is because no one in the Miami Media has cared to ask?
          O alot of people are asking. Agents and other GM's are going crazy to see what they gave up. Bowden even had a tweet where he asking Mike Hill who responded "When we have something to confirm I will"

Comment

• Miami Marlins: "We make trades before we know what we're getting."

Comment

• Everyone knows I'm not a fan of the Gordon trade, but we got one main asset Dee and a free Haren. If we paid Haren's salary this year everyone would be up in arms about devoting that much salary to a 5th starter. Rojas for Enrique doesn't bother me at all. Heaney for Dee straight up might be fair. But Barnes who can play 2nd, 3rd and catcher is huge depth. We could easily have Dietrich, Rojas/Enrique, and Barnes handling 2nd and/or 3rd this year. Barnes would be a nice 3rd catcher and would immediately slot into the starting role if Realmuto was injured. Depth is important; it's why WAR can be negative and why the dodgers made the deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                I don't blame anyone here for not giving the Marlins the benefit of the doubt but I'm going to withhold judgement until we see what players we are getting in return.
                Seriously. And, IF they spend money next year. I think that's a big part here. If they don't sign a good #3 or better veteran SP, disaster.

This is where they are now:

C- Realmuto $525k
                1B - Bour - $525k
                2B - Gordon $5 (arb)
                SS - Hech $3.25 (arb)
                3B - Prado $11
                LF - Yelich - $1
                CF - Ozuna - $525k (no super2)
                RF - Stanton - $9
                B - Rojas - $525k
                B - Dietrich - $525k
                B - “Veteran Presence” - $1.5
                B - “Veteran Catcher” - $1.5
                Dead - Salty - $8
                Bats= $42.5ish

SP - Fernandez - $4
                SP - Alvarez- $3.5
                SP - Cosart - $525k
                SP - Nicolino - $525k
                SP - Koehler - $3

RP - Ramos - $3 (arb1)
                RP - Dunn - $3.45
                RP - Phelps - $2.75
                RP - Dyson - $525k
                RP - Capps - $525k
                RP - Hand - $525k
                RP - Morris - $1.5
                =$23.5ish

Total 2016 payroll = $66 millionish

Approx $17 million has come off the books, and I suspect Koehler/Phelps and Dunn at minimum come off the books and save another $4-5 million. Haren being moved saves another $3. Realistically, going to be dumping $25 million. They can replace those guys with Conley and Urena at a minimum.

If they added $25 to that team (note: Dunn and Koehler are gone), that could be a good team with a $15 million SP, a $7 1B/3B, and bench depth signings. Just saying.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                  Seriously. And, IF they spend money next year. I think that's a big part here. If they don't sign a good #3 or better veteran SP, disaster.

This is where they are now:

C- Realmuto $525k
                  1B - Bour - $525k
                  2B - Gordon $5 (arb)
                  SS - Hech $3.25 (arb)
                  3B - Prado $11
                  LF - Yelich - $1
                  CF - Ozuna - $525k (no super2)
                  RF - Stanton - $9
                  B - Rojas - $525k
                  B - Dietrich - $525k
                  B - “Veteran Catcher” - $1.5
                  Dead - Salty - $8
                  Bats= $42.5ish

SP - Fernandez - $4
                  SP - Alvarez- $3.5
                  SP - Cosart - $525k
                  SP - Nicolino - $525k
                  SP - Koehler - $3

RP - Ramos - $3 (arb1)
                  RP - Dunn - $3.45
                  RP - Phelps - $2.75
                  RP - Dyson - $525k
                  RP - Capps - $525k
                  RP - Hand - $525k
                  RP - Morris - $1.5
                  =$23.5ish

Total 2016 payroll = $66 millionish

Approx $17 million has come off the books, and I suspect Koehler/Phelps and Dunn at minimum come off the books and save another $4-5 million. Haren being moved saves another $3. Realistically, going to be dumping $25 million. They can replace those guys with Conley and Urena at a minimum.

If they added $25 to that team (note: Dunn and Koehler are gone), that could be a good team with a $15 million SP, a $7 1B/3B, and bench depth signings. Just saying.
                  Prado would be $8M, wouldn't he? Yanks are paying $6M, $3M this, $3M next,

Comment

• What reason do we have to believe the Marlins will have a $90 million payroll next season?
                    poop

Comment

• ^$70 million sounds like a stretch tbh

Comment

• I think the deciding factor will probably be how they view Stanton's contract at this point. Are they going to sabotage themselves to pretty much force his hand to leave once his player option comes into effect, or are they going to actually live up to their promise to try and build a winning team around him. Knowing this FO it's probably the first option, but it's interesting that Stanton holds all the cards with the player option and no-trade clause.

Hell, I'd like to see Stanton get vocal, whine, complain, bash these assholes. He holds the cards, maybe he can incite some change.

Comment

• We still have no idea who the prospects are?

Comment

• Clearly the only thing that mattered was that the marlins didn't have to worry about dishing out any cash. No freakin' clue what minor league fodder they'll be getting back.

Comment

• Maybe we just received nothing.

Comment

• Players never be named later.

Comment

Working...
                                X