Bauer 1.2

Haren 1.4
    Koehler 1.1
    Urena 0.3
    Phelps 0.2
    Nicolino 0.1

yeah, Todd, wtf

Comment

I'm not sure how discussion started on Bauer and Carrasco, but there is no chance they trade those guys.

That being said, Tom Koehler has a 3.16 era, 1.20 whip, is making the minimum, and has 3 years of control left. This comes with a 4.32 FIP.

I think I'm willing to say, Koehler will never be more valuable than right now and I hope they are smart enough to move him and not keep him around as an expensive 5th SP.

Comment

They'll keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
          They'll keep him.
          They totally will with Alvarez uncertainty, and Koehler will be next year's Cishek where they should have cashed out 1 year earlier.

Comment

If Alvarez is out, they totally need to trade Haren, Latos, Ramos, Koehler, Cishek, Dunn, Prado, and Baker and get a young play now SP, a young 3B, and more relievers. Even more imperative to dump cash and buy a real # 2 SP.

Use cash on a big FA SP, roll out Fernandez, Free Agent, Cosart/Phelps, "Newly acquired SP", and Nicolino/Cosart/Phelps/Urena. Bullpen is fine with Capps, Dyson, Morris, Phelps/Urena, Conley, Hand, and whoever. Field is fine getting a 3B and letting him duke it out with Dietrich/Rojas/vagabond FA.

I'm expecting more missed opportunities though. Really frustrating. Cash the fuck out Marlins.

Comment

We are all going to be disappointed when the Marlins get an underwhelming return for every player, because they refuse to eat any money on anyone

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                We are all going to be disappointed when the Marlins get an underwhelming return for every player, because they refuse to eat any money on anyone
                They really only have to eat money on Morse. The rest contenders don't mind paying on SP(as seen by the Kazmir deal). Dunn and Prado both have decent contracts for next year.

As for Morse,teams are actually calling on him(I guess as a power bat?)but want the Marlins to pay most of the salary and aren't offering anything great in return.

- - - - - - - - - -

Like said few days ago,they are seriously considering making a run at Shields. Even more now with the news on Henderson.

The plan as of now is to deal Haren,Latos and possibly Koehler(if they get a deal they like) then trying to see if they can get SD to pay some of the contract of Shields. If so could see a younger arm and maybe more for Shields. They seem to have come around that they are playing for 2016

- - - - - - - - - -

They havent put him on the block but Houston has asked on Bryan Morris

Comment

I don't buy that they will include cash on Morse. It isn't their style.

Also any club calling on Latos or Haren should be able to take on the salary and it shouldn't affect anything.

I can't complain about trading Cishek. It's better than paying him this year and non-tendering him after the season. But yeah they messed that situation up ages ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                    I don't buy that they will include cash on Morse. It isn't their style.
                    Well they did release Salty and ate over $12 million outright.

They basically owe Morse $10 million bucks today through 2016.

I would say eat half of it, resign Baker for $2 million, and there is the 1B platoon. Dietrich can also spot there.

Saves $3-5 million (once you add in whatever they were going to pay that bench guy anyways).

Pretty good deal for them if they can do something like that.

Comment

• Haven't really seen it mentioned here but they're taking offers on Ozuna and willing to deal.
                      http://www.fishstripes.com/2015/7/24...a-trade-rumors

Comment

• and andy slater just realized that ozuna is in AAA because of his arb clock. brilliant guy. not worth posting a link.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay View Post
                          Haven't really seen it mentioned here but they're taking offers on Ozuna and willing to deal.
                          http://www.fishstripes.com/2015/7/24...a-trade-rumors
                          Was some talk(Houston reportedly called on him) but doubtful they trade him with his value so low. It is not like he can go anywhere anytime soon. The reason why he was mentioned tho is because other than Justin Upton,there is no other bats out there. Why we keep hearing Morse(contract terrible but if u need a bat i guess) and Prado is getting so many calls

Comment

• For the people who calling me a bullshitter for saying they talk DD alot and are trying to build up his value to deal him. Here is your confirmation

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 8m8 minutes ago

Sources: #Marlins drawing interest in Dietrich from teams that view him as regular 2B or 3B. MIA open to moving him for right return.

- - - - - - - - - -

Teams calling on Morse(If we pay for most of his contract),DD,Prado,Ichiro and Ozuna. No bats out there so teams trying to get anyone they can

Comment

• Benching a potentially good left-handed bat every other night to play Casey McGehee.

Building up player value the Marlin Way...

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                                Benching a potentially good left-handed bat every other night to play Casey McGehee.

Building up player value the Marlin Way...
                                The FO is smarter than us Erick. Have faith.

Comment

Working...
                                X