• Show
Clear All

• Transacion: Steve Cishek Optioned to AA Jacksonville

Not even AAA.

- - - - - - - - - -

June 1, 2015 10:51 pm
    Marlins option P Steve Cishek to Double-A to work on mechanics
    by Jason Butt | CBSSports.com
    The Marlins announced on Monday that they have optioned pitcher Steve Cishek to Double-A Jacksonville.

Marlins manager Dan Jennings said Cishek has some issues to work on before getting back in the majors.

"I don't think this will be a long term deal," Jennings said, via the Miami Herald. "It's about something mechanically that can be tweaked."

Cishek has appeared in 19 1/3 innings and has a 6.98 ERA. He's struggled throughout the season, having struck out only 17 batters while walking 10.
    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/players/playerpage/1770784/steve-cishek

The 2015 season is the gift that keeps on giving

*up the butt

Comment

Geographical thing since AA is so much closer?

About time though

Comment

Because the Triple-A PCL might not be the best place do him to try and get it back together.
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

A bat better be coming up

Comment

Mathis, likely.

Comment

Can somebody start a Twitter argument with Joe Frisaro and make him look stupid? It shouldn't be that difficult after reading what he thinks of this demotion.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                Can somebody start a Twitter argument with Joe Frisaro and make him look stupid? It shouldn't be that difficult after reading what he thinks of this demotion.
                "those saying it is all about now and what you did in past means nothing, does that apply to Stanton? want him gone?"

I think he's already taken care of that himself.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                  Geographical thing since AA is so much closer?

About time though
                  Ya NOLA is on the West Coast-playing in Tacoma tonight. It is more about getting his mechanics right then anything else.

Comment

Thanks, TJ.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                      A bat better be coming up
                      It's Flores

lolwut

Comment

micky mouse.

Comment

gtfo
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Flores better be starting today. Rienzo better be going down for a bat other than Mathis. Solano better be going down when Mathis is called up.

Comment

The last roster move that had me this irked was DFAing Salty. I'm not annoyed at Cishek being sent down. A pitcher being called up certainly contributes but isn't the real problem. Flores is a SP prospect (23 with 9 starts in AA or above). His spot in the rotation was yesterday in AA. So if he wasn't starting in the majors (which I honestly think he needs more time) yesterday, why was he called up? The next four starts are listed as Haren-Koehler-Phelps-Urena. The only thing that makes sense is if Koehler goes to the bullpen. But then again you can call up a bat, still have him skip his start in AA and activate him Friday by sending down Rienzo. Him being called up to work out of the bullpen is just absurd; there are at least 6 relievers in the minors that are better options. The 40-man has 2 relievers on it. Seriously, what is the FO thinking here? Was Jennings the only guy who had any clue on how to call up and send down players?

Comment

Working...
                              X