Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pitching, Defense and Rain Make For A Hellish Sunday Afternoon, Marlins Lose 7-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Pitching, Defense and Rain Make For A Hellish Sunday Afternoon, Marlins Lose 7-2

Atleast the Hanley bobblehead was cool (had a nice day AtP too).

This game and the Josh Johnson game should put all playoff speculation to rest.

I want to see lots of kids in the lineup everyday.

Comment

play the kids

Comment

All due respect...it's not like there's a kid deserving of PT (be it due to talent or long term projections) that we're blocking. I think it's overly evident the FO has made their mind up on Gaby, and other than that, Maybin's playing. That we're playing the savior and still not winning does not mean we aren't playing the kids.

Plus, there's a huge difference between shutting JJ down and playing the kids.

Comment

With 6 games remaining against Philadelphia, I'm not sure how 'play the kids' should be considered.
          Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
            All due respect...it's not like there's a kid deserving of PT (be it due to talent or long term projections) that we're blocking. I think it's overly evident the FO has made their mind up on Gaby, and other than that, Maybin's playing. That we're playing the savior and still not winning does not mean we aren't playing the kids.

Plus, there's a huge difference between shutting JJ down and playing the kids.
            I think Carroll and Sanchez should be playing everyday at this point, while JJ and (probably) Nolasco should be shut down

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty View Post
              With 6 games remaining against Philadelphia, I'm not sure how 'play the kids' should be considered.

What are your thoughts on the Red Sox catching the Yankees?

Comment

i dont think we should just give up, there is alot to play for still,

maintaining 2nd place in the NL East, finishing 2nd in the wild card, and winning upper 80s games, just to name a few.

i just have a problem fielding your B team, when youre somewhat in it and competitive
                Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                Tom Koehler(4-0)
                AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

Originally posted by Daft View Post
                  What are your thoughts on the Red Sox catching the Yankees?
                  Not that I think we have much of a shot at catching Philly anymore, but are we seriously comparing the Phillies to the Yankees?

Comment

I think it's more a comparison how far out we are then the actual teams being chased.

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
                      I think it's more a comparison how far out we are then the actual teams being chased.
                      I understand that, but the circumstances are completely different. Not to mention that Boston only plays the Yankees three more times this season.

Comment

The circumstances are not completely different. C'mon.

Comment

Originally posted by Fish and Chips View Post
                          i dont think we should just give up, there is alot to play for still,

maintaining 2nd place in the NL East, finishing 2nd in the wild card, and winning upper 80s games, just to name a few.

i just have a problem fielding your B team, when youre somewhat in it and competitive
                          meaningless, meaningless, meaningless

Comment

Originally posted by Daft View Post
                            The circumstances are not completely different. C'mon.
                            We have SIX games against the Phillies besides the remaining games on our schedule. It's not likely we will sweep those contests, but the fact is that we control our own destiny in a sense.
                            Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

I'm pessimistic about life generally but for some reason I still have this sliver of hope. Now that'll be crushed when we get swept in STL but until then, i'm going to cling for dear life.

Comment

Working...
                              X