No announcement yet.

Marlins Bullpen Blows Multiple Leads in Defeat to Nationals, 4-6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lucas' babip against righties was .296. He only really fills the role of Baker on the bench. Also he managed to play every position except P, C, and CF here.

Comment

I agree he was made pretty much obsolete by Baker, but at least he was good at something, unlike Brignac.

(Who else is hoping that Mrs. Brignac becomes our newest member and starts posting in this thread?)

Comment

If she comes here she is clearly stalking me and I will have to discuss my options with Daft.

I'm still (stupidly) holding out hope that Brignac will be gone soon.

.125 babip though! HE'S JUST UNLUCKY!

He had a .362babip last year and hit .222. This fucking guy got super lucky to hit fucking .222.

Comment

Don't you think Miguel Rojas' ceiling is utility-infielder? He's 26-years old, use him in that role now, why not?

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
            If she comes here she is clearly stalking me and I will have to discuss my options with Daft.

I'm still (stupidly) holding out hope that Brignac will be gone soon.

.125 babip though! HE'S JUST UNLUCKY!

He had a .362babip last year and hit .222. This fucking guy got super lucky to hit fucking .222.
            I'm thinking he's gone when Yelich returns. I can't see them sending down Bour with how well he's hitting (also specifically as a pinch hitter). Solanos handle the infield. Ichiro handles outfield. Bour hits righties. Baker hits lefties. It's a pretty decent bench when you forget about the Solanos.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
              Don't you think Miguel Rojas' ceiling is utility-infielder? He's 26-years old, use him in that role now, why not?
              I think his ceiling is Donovan Solano with a better glove.

Comment

exactly

Comment

Rojas should definitely be up here over Brignac, but jay is probably (hopefully) right that Brignac is gone when Yelich is back later this week.

I'm fine with them keeping D. Solano over Rojas for the rest of this season and then giving him the utility job next year and non-tendering Solano (arb eligible).

If Rojas keeps killing the ball in AAA and Solano keeps hitting .176 and booting the ball around, then you revisit it. But Solano's barely played this season (17pa, 1 start).

Comment

I think Rojas and Mathis would make the bench better but I think the difference between Rojas and Solano won't change the outcome of a game. I don't expect Solano to play much. Hech, Dee and Prado will start the majority of the games if one goes on the DL then you give the starts to Rojas or Dietrich (why do I even bother typing his name).

Comment

The only thing is, once Yelich comes back and Ichiro goes back to #1 pinch-hitter option, I think the ABs are going to dry up for Bour unfortunately and him being on the team kind of becomes a waste.

I don't have the answer to our 1st base issue right now, but you gotta give Morse at least until the summer don't you, to work this out? I said at the beginning of the off-season I'd be very interested to see how a Bour-Baker everyday platoon would do, and now I'm really thinking it would've been something worth trying.

Comment

I think Rojas would get the starts at SS if Hech got hurt, for sure. Unless they wanted to shift Gordon over, but I don't see them doing that.

I do wonder how good Rojas' glove is considered to be. His metrics are insane, but small sample sizes, and he was never a big enough prospect to get write-ups.

As for Bour, even if he's just a late game PH and occasional start guy, so what? He turns 27 later this month, AAA isn't going to do much for him.

- - - - - - - - - -

Dodgers veterans, seeing Rojas in a few Major League games last Spring Training and during infield drills, compared his glove skills to 11-time Gold Glove winner Omar Vizquel.
                        http://m.dodgers.mlb.com/news/articl...econd-base-mix

oh.

Comment

Ichiro becoming the #1 left bat on the bench doesn't impact Bour's position on the team. Most games will present more than one pinch hit situation.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                            The only thing is, once Yelich comes back and Ichiro goes back to #1 pinch-hitter option, I think the ABs are going to dry up for Bour unfortunately and him being on the team kind of becomes a waste.
                            I mean, it's not like he needs at-bats to develop and grow as a hitter. He's damn near 40*

*estimated
                            poop

Comment

I feel like bobbob is being sarcastic

Comment

I am not! He does not need at-bats. He turns 27 in three weeks. He has more value to this franchise even getting 5 PAs a week in the minors than he does at AAA.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X