No announcement yet.

Jarrod Saltalamacchia Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Salty would have just shut his mouth and accepted the role they wanted to give him which was backup C/1B/LHB off bench he would still be on the team. Instead he cried to the media,FO and other players. Morse has been benched and he hasn't said a word about it to anyone in fact people saying he is working on his swing.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      If Salty would have just shut his mouth and accepted the role they wanted to give him which was backup C/1B/LHB off bench he would still be on the team. Instead he cried to the media,FO and other players. Morse has been benched and he hasn't said a word about it to anyone in fact people saying he is working on his swing.
      We don't know what Salty was doing in his time away from the team or what he was doing in the clubhouse for certainty. The organization is going to spin it in a way that makes outsiders think it was the right move regardless. As for him talking to reporters, he did and said the same thing that any athlete would say in that position; it's not his fault a reporter asked him a question.

Comment

• tj knows.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          tj knows.

Comment

• Salty to the Dbacks

Comment

• Tj can you find out what the details of salty contract say. I find it hard to believe a guy who wouldn't accept a bench role is willing to hang around in AAA that long

Comment

• he can opt out if he's not in the majors by 6/1

Comment

• Thanks Hugg. I expected something like this. I mean he hasn't had an in game at bat in awhile

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay View Post
                    Tj can you find out what the details of salty contract say. I find it hard to believe a guy who wouldn't accept a bench role is willing to hang around in AAA that long
                    Ya his contract is pretty much get some of the rust off in AAA then start the rest of the year. Arizona wanted him from us in a trade but didnt want the contract

- - - - - - - - - -

Not sure where to put this especially since Hugg/Mainge already know all about this but we are already trying to get KRod from Milwaukee. Dangling Dietrich and a pitcher like Flores/Jarlin Garcia/Brice. No heavy discussions but we want him bad

Comment

• that would be dumb
                      poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                        that would be dumb
                        I second this. Let's trade one of the few depth bats in the system for another overpaid reliever when there are a dozen arms in the system that can add the same value to the team as he would.

Comment

• It has more to do with him having a 2 yr deal and they wanted him bad in the offseason. I mean if we are in it during June and all it would cost is a mid level prospect why Not?

I wouldnt deal Nicolino,Urena,Williams for him if thats what they asked for

Comment

• Makes zero sense

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              It has more to do with him having a 2 yr deal and they wanted him bad in the offseason. I mean if we are in it during June and all it would cost is a mid level prospect why Not?

I wouldnt deal Nicolino,Urena,Williams for him if thats what they asked for
                              I'd deal any of those arms over Dietrich for a piece to help the team. I mean they all are likely never going to be valuable to the big league club but having an additional depth positional player versus the arm is more of an organizational need.

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                              Makes zero sense
                              Exactly

Comment

• FWIW:

hit .251/.332/.474 (.805 OPS, 115 OPS+) in 171 ABs for Arizona
                                Originally posted by Madman81
                                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                                X