No announcement yet.

Don Kelly, Jeff Mathis break fingers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super excited for Realmuto's one start a week, that will always manage to be against a RHP.

Comment

Nah, they're gonna play him. I really think they've soured on Salty enough. Of course, I bet Salty ends up sitting out Tuesday (RHP) and playing Wednesday(LHP).

I almost hope they are sitting him against RHP to make him look worse and justify him losing his job. I would honestly feel better about what that would say about them.
      poop

Comment

I still don't understand the Salty hate and Realmuto love. Does everyone here believe Realmuto could come up right now and hit better than Salty for the entire season? This is a guy who repeated AA last season and had a BABIP indicating he's likely to regress.

Comment

I don't. I'd much prefer Realmuto get regular ABs in AAA. They aren't going to start him over Salty so might as well let him get work.
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I think Clark Spencer is reporting Realmuto and Brignac getting called
            Up.
            STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
              I still don't understand the Salty hate and Realmuto love. Does everyone here believe Realmuto could come up right now and hit better than Salty for the entire season? This is a guy who repeated AA last season and had a BABIP indicating he's likely to regress.
              Yes. Thank you. There's absolutely no guarantee that Realmuto will outhit Salty. There also isn't a guarantee he'd out hit Mathis for that matter. Yes, there is plenty to be excited about, but he's an unknown.

Comment

Well, it's the defense thing. He likely won't be better offensively but Realmuto should be a LOT better there.

But I'm with Bobbob in that I think Salty is a fine starting C as a platoon player.

Comment

And Brignac makes no sense.

The "SS" argument is silly since Don Kelly can't play SS.

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                    He improved literally all across the board last year while still being young for the league and he has a profile that was suppose to hit for a good BABIP.

I do not think he'll be a world beater at all and I do worry about people being disappointed with him, but if he can put up an upper .600 OPS with above average defense that's solid for a cost controlled C.

Comment

Any reasonable projection has Salty outhitting Realmuto.
                      They should bring up Solano and have a pure split time situation with him facing lefties but that would be too smart.
                      Solano last year in AAA IL
                      Split G PA AB H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO BA OBP SLG OPS TB GDP HBP SH SF IBB
                      vs RHP as RHB 89 259 236 55 10 1 6 34 15 34 .233 .290 .360 .650 85 4 5 0 3 0
                      vs LHP as RHB 57 115 107 31 5 0 4 19 8 15 .290 .339 .449 .788 48 8 0 0 0 1

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                        And Brignac makes no sense.

The "SS" argument is silly since Don Kelly can't play SS.
                        we're calling him up because of his "great" .289/.357/.342 spring of 38abs

despite the fact he's proven himself to be terrible

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                          we're calling him up because of his "great" .289/.357/.342 spring of 38abs

despite the fact he's proven himself to be terrible
                          Mind you, Valdy had a much better spring and he was busting his damn ass. I'm sure he would be a much bigger spark to this team than Brignac. Valdy had like 3 triples in spring and he's already 7/12 with 1 2B and 1 3B, along with one K in NOLA. This move makes no damn sense.

Comment

Or, you know, Derek Dietrich
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

That's another good candidate.. Better than Brignac. I don't understand this FO, they're so frustrating. Dietrich will probably rot in the minors until he's a FA due to his issue with Tino

Comment

Brignac hitting .192/.235/.246 in 475pa since the start of the 2011 season.

Of course, we're debating the 25th man on the roster that's hardly ever gonna play.

Dietrich isn't being called up because he's terrible defensively and would hardly be used. I really don't have a problem with him not being called up for this specific role. If Gordon gets hurt and Dietrich isn't his replacement, then I'll be annoyed.

Comment

Working...
                                X