Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don Kelly, Jeff Mathis break fingers

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
    Kelly-Hech-Mathis-Pitcher isn't even trying.

The bench is a disaster.
    We have a solid LH bat (ichiro), RH bat (Baker), util player (solano). And most every back up catcher is bad.

Don Kelly is really the only one that's "what?". Almost everyone on our AAA team would be better. Weather it's offensive value, defensive value, or just plain upside since Kelly is 35 and sucks. A corner outfielder who sucks offensively and whatever defensively. Woo.
    Last edited by nny; 04-12-2015, 02:40 PM.

The only reason to have Kelly is as a super emergency third string catcher and it's obvious we aren't going to use him that way (not PH Salty against LHP)

Comment

Mathis' finger is fractured. Realmuto time!

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
        We have a solid LH bat (ichiro), RH bat (Baker), util player (solano). And most every back up catcher is bad.

Don Kelly is really the only one that's "what?". Almost everyone on our AAA team would be better. Weather it's offensive value, defensive value, or just plain upside since Kelly is 35 and sucks.
        I guess for me it's a combination of a few factors...

Salty's got such an obvious limitation against LHP that I'm not sure you can afford to have Mathis as the backup. It's too much of a luxury to have a defense-only catcher as the main backup when your starter is useless against 20-25% of the pitchers he faces.

They don't have one big bat who can hit RHP and provide some pop. This is where Bour would be useful.

They don't really put guys in the best positions to succeed. This sorta ties back in to No. 1, but is also relevant to how they used Baker last season: 58% of his PA came against RHP last season, compared to 70 and 68 percent the previous two seasons. It's not a huge difference, but it seems to be a trend: when they add guys with significant platoon splits, they tend to use them less often as platoon players than their previous teams did (pretty sure this applies to both Jones and Salty additions from last year). It is indicative of some larger issues, I think.

They should probably add Dietrich for Kelly (it'll be Valdespin, tho), and hopefully Realmuto gets the call for Mathis.
        poop

Comment

Gonna be J. Solano

Comment

Yeah, Frisaro expecting it to be Brignac and Solano, which is hilarious.
            poop

Comment

I agree 100% with what you said. But it's mostly fixed by replacing Kelly with Bour, Dietrich, or even Valdespin. ZiPs actually has Valdespin with the highest wRC+. He's at 98, DD at 97, and Bour at 91.

Kelly is at 78, and that's pretty high consider he's 72 in his career....

I mean, that doesn't fit the overall issue of the team not putting players in the best opportunity to succeed. And that's a huge underlying issue. But I wouldn't really say the bench is a disaster, I wouldn't even say it's bad with Kelly being replaced.

Comment

If it's Brignac or Solano, I give up.

Isn't Solano a catcher though?

Comment

Solano for Mathis
                  poop

Comment

ohhh

lol

Comment

So this game gives us the opportunity to really upgrade the bench and FO is gonna FO

Comment

Crow to 60 Day opens up 1 Spot

Realmuto time!! Who knows what they will do tho-Salty needs to just find a seat on the bench tho

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                          Solano for Mathis
                          Should be Realmuto for Mathis with Salty to the bench but who knows anymore

Comment

It's really going to be awesome to see how they fuck this up and don't bring up Dietrich or Realmuto.
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Well lets talk about something else-how about how BAD Tyler Kolek looked in his start?

Went 4 2/3 and walked more than K

Comment

Working...
                              X