No announcement yet.

Don Kelly, Jeff Mathis break fingers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'll be interesting to see what moves are made. I don't see them bringing up Realmuto to sit on the bench.

tjfla did you watch the start or are you just judging by the box score? He walked 3 had 2 ks gave up 3 ers and 4 hits in 4.1 innings. I can guarantee that most aces in the league had a start worse than this at some point while in the minors. Production isn't that important at this point in his career.

Comment

There is zero reason to be worried about Tyler Kolek. We shouldn't even be thinking about him right now. We shouldn't even be looking at game results right now.

They still should've picked Rodon, tho.
      poop

Comment

Well they wanted to trade Salty and his salary and go with a Realmuto/Mathis in ST but couldnt so they just moved Realmuto to AAA so he can get AB's and exp. If they bring him up he will play alot.

Listened some-just sounded like he was all over the place.All I meant was u would think a guy taken #2 would be ready to go and show something. 2 Wild Pitches,73 Pitches and 42 strikes

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
          There is zero reason to be worried about Tyler Kolek. We shouldn't even be thinking about him right now. We shouldn't even be looking at game results right now.

They still should've picked Rodon, tho.
          No worries yet(not until TJ Surgery) but yep should have went with Rodon

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            All I meant was u would think a guy taken #2 would be ready to go and show something. 2 Wild Pitches,73 Pitches and 42 strikes
            Bad starts are not allowed
            poop

Comment

Why would you be worried about TJ Surgery? Hasn't it become so routine that it's just a matter of being out for a year+. And Rodon has the same if not higher probability of having it.

Comment

Hate to lose two bench players in the same day . . .

Our hitting has been offensive (no pun intended)!

Comment

If they make the right moves, it's a blessing in disguise. Kelly should not be on this roster.
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

In the interest of keeping it 100, neither should Mathis.
                    poop

Comment

I almost said that, and actually deleted it, because I'd prefer Mathis over the options of Solano or Rottino, and I really do prefer Realmuto get regular ABs rather than be a backup.
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

More a critique of the way this roster was built and their general roster-building strategy.

Mathis is a fine backup to Yadier Molina or Buster Posey. You can just slot him in anytime the starter needs a breather, because those guys can pretty much play everyday, against any pitcher. Not with a very, very limited, flawed player like Salty. It's just so emblematic of everything they do wrong.

I'm sorry for harping on this.
                        poop

Comment

I don't understand Brignac>Valdespin
                          Last edited by Big Z; 04-12-2015, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Brignac plays short. I'm sure that's it.
                            poop

Comment

Realmuto is better than Salty and Mathis. There is no reason for him to be in the minors. So dumb. Let him start.
                              STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Jesus, at the very least use Realmuto in a platoon spot. I could care less about who replaces Kelly since it's for the 25 spot anyway. Dietrich should be starting in the minors, not riding pine in the majors.

Comment

Working...
                                X