Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlins Trade Heaney, Hernandez, Barnes, Hatcher to Dodgers for Gordon, Haren, Rojas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin Barnes too.

Kendrick for Heaney & Barnes

Comment

• I am officially reporting that Heaney will be traded back to the Marlins for Dan Haren and cash.

Comment

• So... The Dodgers just got a better 2B for Heaney than the Marlins got for Heaney + those other dudes.

Being able to spend money is a nice tool for Major League Baseball franchises.
        poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
          So... The Dodgers just got a better 2B for Heaney than the Marlins got for Heaney + those other dudes.

Being able to spend money is a nice tool for Major League Baseball franchises.
          To be fair, kendrick only has one year left on his contract.

But yeah, hahahaha

Comment

• This team man

Comment

• They just didn't want to pay his contract apparently. Plus I thin Kendrick had a partial no-trade and we were one of them, if my memory serves me correctly.
              Last edited by kusch; 12-10-2014, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• So does this mean Heaney won't be involved in a deal for Hamels?

Comment

• Ok, so hold on. For the Dodgers, they currently have a lineup of: Rollins (SS) Kendrick (2B) Uribe (3B), Gonzo (1B), Ellis (C) Kemp (for now), Ethier, Puig, Pederson and Crawford. Wow.
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Barnes ISN'T in the deal. It's Kendrick for Heaney straight up.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 42s43 seconds ago
                    Correction: Deal is straight-up, Heaney for Kendrick.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                      I mean those numbers aren't that bad, right? They're not great, but I feel like maybe some people are acting like Haren is Brad Hand or some shit.

I don't think we want him to pitch, but he's not awful.
                      I mean...

Koehler, Eovaldi, Cosart, Alvarez and Jose all had better FIPs than him last season, and Hand was 4.20, which is basically the same.

So, Haren may be the Marlins' 5th-best starter for 3 months, but he might also not be any better than Brad Hand. Who everyone pretty much thinks stinks.
                      poop

Comment

• I like how we have to add Kike, Hatcher, and Barnes to get Gordon, yet the Dodgers can get a better 2B straight up for Heaney alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                          I mean...

Koehler, Eovaldi, Cosart, Alvarez and Jose all had better FIPs than him last season, and Hand was 4.20, which is basically the same.

So, Haren may be the Marlins' 5th-best starter for 3 months, but he might also not be any better than Brad Hand. Who everyone pretty much thinks stinks.
                          2013 Koehler 4.28xFIP vs. Haren 3.67 xFIP
                          2014 Koehler 4.15xFIP vs. Haren 3.70 xFIP

Haren is better than Koehler

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                            2013 Koehler 4.28xFIP vs. Haren 3.67 xFIP
                            2014 Koehler 4.15xFIP vs. Haren 3.70 xFIP

Haren is better than Koehler
                            If we accept the assumption that xFIP is an inherently better indicator of future performance than FIP.

For Haren's career, it hasn't been.
                            poop

Comment

• I'm mostly just working on the assumption that Koehler isn't going to get so lucky with his home run rate again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                                I like how we have to add Kike, Hatcher, and Barnes to get Gordon, yet the Dodgers can get a better 2B straight up for Heaney alone.
                                $$$

Comment

Working...
                                X