No announcement yet.

IT'S OFFICIAL: Marlins, Giancarlo Stanton Agree to 13 Year/$325 Million Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has there been any talk of the Rockies dealing Morneau?

Comment

• Daft hacked Beef's account?

Comment

• Platooning LaRoche is the best option

Comment

• @JonHeymanCBS: Giancarlo breakdown: 6.5M, 9M, 14,5M, 25M, 26M, 26M, 29M, 32M, 32M, 32M, 29M, 25M, 25M team option/10M buyout #marlins
          Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
            Platooning LaRoche is the best option
            Not signing him is the best option.

I really want to know what Castro and Valbuena cost from the Cubs. That's 5 WAR at 2B (Castro can play there and be Hech insurance) and 3B vs RHP.

I'd say Heaney and Cishek are worth it, and trade Eovaldi for a young 1B for midseason/next year, sign a veteran SP.

Comment

• holy shit that contract is incredible
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• There's no way the Marlins platoon 1B. Can we just stop mentioning that as a possibility?

Beef, we all know that Loria has no intentions of paying the back end of that contract. Isn't it obvious?

This is a great signing. But let's call a spade a spade.

Comment

• I mean, they platooned 1B last season. Jones only started 6 games vs. lefties.

6 more than he should have, but still, they settled into that Jones/Baker platoon very fast.

Comment

• Don't let facts get in the way, Hugg, you know that.

Comment

• yeah, I think if we signed LaRoche, Baker would still play 1B against RHP.

Comment

• Who the fuck is this MiamiHomer guy?

Hi, Hugg. Link for the 6 starts? How many LHP did we face this year?

Comment

• Hanley Ramirez for first base. /hides.

Comment

• #BringHanleyHome
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...&year=2014&t=b

It was 9, not 6. I was working from memory.

And Jeff Baker started all of our games vs. lefties but one, so it's not like they weren't platooning him.

Comment

• MLB Network mentioned Hanley returning to Miami as a dream free agent scenario!

Comment

Working...
                                X