No announcement yet.

IT'S OFFICIAL: Marlins, Giancarlo Stanton Agree to 13 Year/$325 Million Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That contract structure seems kinda brilliant to me.

Also, makes me more frustrated that they took Kolek over Rodon. This team has a clear window. Oh well.
    poop

Comment

• What do you all think about LaRoche?

Comment

• Teams that have been asking on Cishek have been told that they might need to take Jones or Salty back in the deal

Comment

• Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 11m11 minutes ago
          If Stanton went year to year, he's looking at $13M this year, ~$19M in final arb year and ~$30M for the four FA years. Would total ~$152M.

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 9m9 minutes ago
          The fact that Marlins wanted deal to be so end-heavy speaks to the concerns of them legit trying. Stanton's one concession was backloading.
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• None of that makes sense to me.

Comment

• of course not, it's Jeff Passan
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• I'm not sure I understand what he's trying to convey

Comment

• less money up front so the Marlins can afford more guys around Stanton I think

Comment

• the reason it's so confusing is because he's not going out of his way to rip the franchise, which is probably a first ever for Passan

Comment

• 2014 Jones .720 OPS (0.2 WAR)

2014 LaRoche .817 OPS (1.6 WAR)

LaRoche has a 3.3 WAR 2 years ago

Comment

• Personally, I'm always terrified when LaRoche steps into the batters box vs us.

That's a sweet swing. They'll never platoon Jones so go get LaRoche.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          Teams that have been asking on Cishek have been told that they might need to take Jones or Salty back in the deal
                          Be quiet please.
                          --------------------
                          Originally posted by Sr.Imbto
                          locked up Stanton, get LaRoche, get 1 SP, what else would we need? Would love to see one of Lou's payroll projections/scenarios.
                          We would need to upgrade the rest of the infield, but the front office seem to be content with that, so nothing.
                          Last edited by Erick; 11-18-2014, 03:20 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• "Erick", why don't you just put tjfla on ignore?

Comment

• I kinda hate the idea of signing LaRoche for 8 figures. This isn't a team that's going to platoon everyone, and he's really not an everyday player.

He's a lot better than Jones, sure, but I'd rather go cheap on a platoon at 1B than sign a guy who can't play everyday but will.
                              poop

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                                less money up front so the Marlins can afford more guys around Stanton I think
                                I read it as the opposite. Giving him money in the back so someone else has to pay because they're not really trying to change the way they do business. I have no confidence in that opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X