Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think that's what he meant. Security-type protection.

Comment

• Gordon and Yelich need to get on ahead of him. If they wanna walk the bases loaded let em. But I'm sure he will see pitches to hit.

Comment

• See it's not about protection but "protection" is a product of having good hitters in a lineup and outside of Ozuna and Yelich and obviously Stanton, it's meh to bad to ass. So, if you add a guy like Alvarez you add someone who has a healthy slugging percentage to a lineup where there aren't a whole lot of those hitters. I mean, certainly, if you can get a better hitter than Alvarez you should add him instead but the fact is he's probably the best offensive 1B they've been linked to and if it takes dealing Eovaldi to get him, I do it.

Comment

• If they land Alvarez go ahead and tell your boss that you need the first week of October off (and maybe more) cause we're going to the playoffs, fellas.

Comment

• Wouldn't be surprised if the Marlins are holding onto Eovaldi and Cishek for a potential midseason trade instead of just this offseason. Which isn't really a bad idea, at least to me. You figure with Fernandez coming back in mid-July, that will open up the trade possibilities along the deadline. A package for a cost-controlled pitcher can always get you a lot but maybe it can get you more in July? I don't know.

Comment

• I don't want to see Stanton walked for Casey McGehee to fail. Do you want to see another season of that? They need more than the top two hitters to get on base.
              STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                I don't want to see Stanton walked for Casey McGehee to fail. Do you want to see another season of that? They need more than the top two hitters to get on base.
                Stanton still makes an out 60% of the time he walks to the plate. If they want to give him a free pass every time, I'll take it.
                poop

Comment

• If Redmond has any ounce of baseball IQ he'll hit Ozuna behind Stanton next season and not McGehee.

Comment

• I mean, McGehee did hit .319/.414/.400 with RISP, so he succeeded more than most.

I don't want him to be in the role again and it was mostly luck (.358babip), but he still did it. You just remember the times he didn't more because you don't like him, which is natural.

.312/.382/.396 with runners on
                    .264/.328/.321 with none on

Comment

• Ozuna K's too much to be hitting behind Stanton. If you are hitting behind him and hitting with runners on we need someone who can make contact.

Comment

• Ozuna's a #5 or 6 hitter no doubt about it. We already know our 1-3 is going to be Gordon/Yelich/Stanton. I think whoever we get 1B, whether it be Morneau or Morse (things change a bit with Alvarez) hits cleanup, Ozuna 5th, McGehee moves down to 6th, Salty 7th, and Hech 8th.

Gordon
                        Yelich
                        Stanton
                        Morneau/Morse
                        Ozuna
                        McGehee
                        Salty
                        Hech

that's probably the best lineup we could put together right now. There's a really good balance in this lineup and McGehee's hitting numbers don't look so bad in the 6 spot. Even though it obviously sucks to trade a lot of our farm system away, the lineup does look a lot better with Gordon up top and Morse/Morneau hitting cleanup (hopefully). The rotation looks nice with Alvarez/Latos/Cosart/Eovaldi/Koehler and whoever sucks of Eovaldi/Koehler eventually getting bumped out for Jose post All Star Break.

While I'm still frustrated a bit that we have very few players who are notable in the minors left and not making the playoffs this year could be troublesome long term, I do feel with a few good bounces going our way we could be a high 80s win team. Really like the stuff their doing when just considering what we got back in trades and what we're expected to do soon.

Comment

• Our MLB.com Top 20 now is
                          1. Tyler Kolek, RHP (#23 overall, #9 RHSP)
                          2. Justin Nicolino, LHP
                          3. Avery Romero, 2B
                          4. Trevor Williams, RHP
                          5. J.T. Realmuto, C
                          6. Adam Conley, LHP
                          7. Jose Urena, RHP
                          8. Domingo German, RHP
                          9. Jarlin Garcia, LHP
                          10. Justin Twine, SS
                          11. Colby Suggs, RHP
                          12. Austin Dean, OF
                          13. Austin Brice, RHP
                          14. Nick Wittgren, RHP
                          15. Arquimedes Caminero, RHP
                          16. Brian Anderson, 2B/3B
                          17. Matt Milroy, RHP
                          18. Casey Soltis, OF
                          19. Michael Mader, LHP
                          20. Blake Anderson, C

Comment

• A lot of B/C guys and not much else.
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• And way too early to tell on Kolek.

Comment

• #11 pick is going to be oh so important this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X