Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Blew It!!! Nats Walk-Off 5-4 on Zimmerman's 2R-HR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how many home runs has Nunez given up on the first pitch of an innings this season?
    I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac!

Comment

Maybe we should pony up for a decent closer for next season considering how many games we have blown...Oh, what could have been...

Also, FVCK the Rockies and Giants for never losing when we win!

Comment

Why can't lindstrom pitch in the 9th? Because he was injured earlier? He did well in save situations last year. What changed in him in the offseason?

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
          Why can't lindstrom pitch in the 9th? Because he was injured earlier? He did well in save situations last year. What changed in him in the offseason?
          So your excuse for his terrible performance earlier this season was that he was injured the whole time? Okay; then explain how the one time we threw him out there in a ninth inning situation (against Houston) after he came off the DL, he gave up three runs? He was five of six in save opportunities last year; it's not like he was doing it so well for a few months. The guy just has a mental block.

Comment

Then why was he good last year? He faced a grand total of 4 batters against Houston, and (should have) gotten two of them out. Not exactly a good sample size lol.
            Last edited by nny; 09-07-2009, 11:09 AM.

Comment

can we play all the kids now?

(that are on the 40)

Comment

Then why was he good last year? He faced a grand total of 4 batters against Houston, and (should have) gotten two of them out. Not exactly a good sample size lol.
                Using what he did last year in the closer role isn't exactly a good sample size, either. His performance against Houston was just a repeat of what we saw from him the entire first half of the season.

Comment

Not really. He was bad the first half of the season because of horrible control, thanks to being injured. he did not have bad control v.s. houston.

And last year is a hell of a lot bigger sample size than 4 batters lol. I can go find a 4 batter stretch that makes JJ the worse starter in the league. And from the way your portray is oh-so-fragile mental make up, he wouldn't be able to do anything in the closer spot last year anyway.

This fan-wide vendetta against his mental make up is just mind blowing to me.

Comment

I don't think that because he's making a poor argument and only using 4 batters as a sample size, we can come away from all this and say, "lolz @ people who think Lindstrom is a mental case".

He's either a mental case or he comes in to games unprepared. But isn't that kinda the same thing.

Comment

mentality of closers are overrated in general. There really isnt much of a different pitching mindset for the guys that pitch in the 7th and 8th than the 9th. Just all hype.
                      Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                      Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                      Tom Koehler(4-0)
                      AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

I disagree.
                        --------------------
                        Closers are overrated.

Their mentality is not.
                        Last edited by Namaste; 09-07-2009, 01:04 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Daft View Post
                          He's either a mental case or he comes in to games unprepared. But isn't that kinda the same thing.
                          Or he was injured, which messed up his control.

Comment

Not really. He was bad the first half of the season because of horrible control, thanks to being injured. he did not have bad control v.s. houston.

And last year is a hell of a lot bigger sample size than 4 batters lol. I can go find a 4 batter stretch that makes JJ the worse starter in the league. And from the way your portray is oh-so-fragile mental make up, he wouldn't be able to do anything in the closer spot last year anyway.

This fan-wide vendetta against his mental make up is just mind blowing to me.
                            I'm not using "four batters" as my sample size. I'm using his entire season. I'm just saying that it's no coincidence that the one time we threw him out there in the ninth after coming off the DL, he got shelled.
                            --------------------
                            Originally posted by Fish and Chips View Post
                            mentality of closers are overrated in general. There really isnt much of a different pitching mindset for the guys that pitch in the 7th and 8th than the 9th. Just all hype.
                            You're very, very wrong. Pitching in the ninth is an entirely different animal. Remember how Meyer was saying that when he closed out a game against Baltimore? I've also done it, and it is very different.
                            Last edited by m26555; 09-07-2009, 01:24 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

maybe mentality is the wrong word. there job is a better choice. no matter what inning, the reliever's goal is supposed to get 3 outs and not give up runs. doesnt really matter which inning that reliever pitch in, because there job is still the same(get 3 outs)
                              Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                              Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                              Tom Koehler(4-0)
                              AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

That's completely different than what you said before and what you were arguing with Daft

Comment

Working...
                                X