Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We Blew It!!! Nats Walk-Off 5-4 on Zimmerman's 2R-HR.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lindstrom can't pitch in the ninth inning. Leave him where he is.

Comment

Because he has not pitched in save situations, Fip.

Comment

Festa, our current closer has had trouble with save situations lately too. If it was Lindstrom and not Nunez, the anger towards him would be much more.

Comment

@clarkspencer Marlins sitting in dugout, stunned.

--------------------
          Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
          Festa, our current closer has had trouble with save situations lately too. If it was Lindstrom and not Nunez, the anger towards him would be much more.
          Because there isn't anyone on this board who blindly worships a particular reliever and has to bring his name up every time Reliever X fails.

At this point, being a member of the Lindstrom for Closer Fan Club is as bad as the Gregg for Closer Fan Club.
          Last edited by Party; 09-06-2009, 03:45 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
            I know Nunez hasn't exactly been lights out, but he is still performing much better than Lindstrom ever did this season.

Comment

Missed the whole game, check periodically on the phone.

Saw it was 4-2 in the top 9 with runners on.

I wish I could say I wasn't shocked but I was shocked we lost.

We're SO not a playoff team.

Comment

This game reminds me of that game last year when we were making one last ditch effort at the playoffs, and Gregg blew that three-run lead in Atlanta.

Comment

Bright side:

Nick Johnson continues to be Nick Johnson.

Chris Coghlan continues to put some clout behind his argument for RotY.

Comment

Originally posted by Daft View Post
                    Missed the whole game, check periodically on the phone.

Saw it was 4-2 in the top 9 with runners on.

I wish I could say I wasn't shocked but I was shocked we lost.

We're SO not a playoff team.

We are not, but this ain't why.
                    --------------------
                    Kevin Gregg has saves a higher % of his opps than Nunez does
                    Last edited by Beef; 09-06-2009, 03:55 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Just saw the walkoff on MLBAtBat:

Natinals announcer: "Take that to New York with you Fish"

Ok Beef so this loss has nothing to do with why were not a playoff team. Close the thread boys.

Comment

Gotta love it when an announcer of the worst team in baseball talks trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Daft View Post
                          Just saw the walkoff on MLBAtBat:

Natinals announcer: "Take that to New York with you Fish"

Ok Beef so this loss has nothing to do with why were not a playoff team. Close the thread boys.
                          What's that have to do with closing the thread? I don't get it at all.

Comment

Even though he's a first baseman, and the organization is stacked at first base, I'd rather bring back Nick Johnson for roughly 5 mil per season (over 2 years, preferably) than any of the other arby eligible position players. The lineup is so much better with him in it.

Comment

this lineup with NJ is a playoff team, but this rotation isnt

on the fence on the bullpen, overall it is good, but there's no closer
                              Originally posted by Matt Wilson
                              Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
                              Tom Koehler(4-0)
                              AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

You have to wonder how the front office will address the ninth inning problem in the off-season. Do they stick with Nunez and see if he improves? Make a trade? Sign a free agent (I'm pretty sure Valverde is going to be a FA)? Use someone else already in the organization?

Comment

Working...
                                X