Marlins 2013 Off-season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
    it's an lololololol move because we have umpteen guys who can do what he already does, and because this is the Marlins, so when Cishek gets traded for two AA prospects in July, he's going to be our closer.
    A) Maybe, maybe not. Either way, why would you want those "umpteen guys" in the big leagues this year in what is likely to be an irrelevant year in the grand scheme of things?

B) I doubt Marmol ever becomes the closer.

C) If Cishek is traded for prospects, that means the team has lost a lot. At that point, who cares if Marmol closes some games?

Realistically, he'll either provide us with some valuable innings or he'll suck and get released as was the case with Jon Rauch. No big deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
      Two guys are about to be booted from the 40 to make room for Baker and Marmol. I would guess Dyson, Hatcher and Paredes could be prime candidates.
      Hatcher is gonna get DFA he almost got DFA a few months ago

As for the Marmol signing I keep hearing its gonna be like the Rauch signing from last year. They will give him chances and if he does good-he will be dealt and if he sucks it up then they will just release him

This signing has no effect on Cishek tho-90% they are gonna trade him by the deadline and if not they will deal him during the winter meetings. He is gonna cost aton and with Capps,Wittgren,Suggs ready soon see ya

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
        A) Maybe, maybe not. Either way, why would you want those "umpteen guys" in the big leagues this year in what is likely to be an irrelevant year in the grand scheme of things?

B) I doubt Marmol ever becomes the closer.

C) If Cishek is traded for prospects, that means the team has lost a lot. At that point, who cares if Marmol closes some games?

Realistically, he'll either provide us with some valuable innings or he'll suck and get released as was the case with Jon Rauch. No big deal.
        A) To get big leagues experience for when games might mean something next year and in future years

B) Okay. I don't doubt it though.

C) I care because like A, I'd rather someone who might actually have the job in the future taking a whack at it.
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
          A) To get big leagues experience for when games might mean something next year and in future years
          But then we'll do the "why did they start their arbitration clocks for meaningless April games" thing.
          poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
            But then we'll do the "why did they start their arbitration clocks for meaningless April games" thing.
            ^^^

Comment

I won't.
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Apparently Paredes was designated for assignment last week.
                --------------------
                Marmol deal is now official. Chris Hatcher has been designated for assignment.
                Last edited by Miamarlin21; 02-11-2014, 03:29 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                  Apparently Paredes was designated for assignment last week.
                  --------------------
                  Marmol deal is now official. Chris Hatcher has been designated for assignment.
                  Both expected-there was talk about Ed Lucas instead of Paredes but they think they can get him thru so

Still looking for that veteran SP5-They thought Malholm was a lock but he took an incentive deal with LAD. I know they have 2 or 3 more offers out but they are minor league invites

Comment

• Still some interesting names available that could improve the back of the rotation. If they were interested in Malholm, then there are other similar lefties out there like Capuano, Bedard, and Saunders. Of course Santana is still available. I'd be interested in any of them on a minor league deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                      Still some interesting names available that could improve the back of the rotation. If they were interested in Malholm, then there are other similar lefties out there like Capuano, Bedard, and Saunders. Of course Santana is still available. I'd be interested in any of them on a minor league deal.
                      I don't think it has to be a Lefty-it seems they want a guy they can count on for innings and don't have to worry about injuries

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                        I don't think it has to be a Lefty-it seems they want a guy they can count on for innings and don't have to worry about injuries
                        OK, then I suppose Jake Westbrook, Jason Marquis, Aaron Harang, and Jason Hammel would also be candidates.

Comment

• ### It won’t be surprising if Brad Hand, Tom Koehler or Brian Flynn wins the No. 5 rotation job, but the Marlins will give Andrew Heaney a long look. Heaney is rated the top left-handed pitching prospect by MLB.com.

“We are never shy [about going with a prospect] if the person earns it, to give him the job,” Hill said. “If he’s the best pitcher, he’ll be there…. We really haven’t had a lefty in our rotation since Scott Olsen left us. But it’s all about getting people out.”

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy
                          yea besides that Buerhle guy, or your previous disasters of Miller, Robertson, and West. But yea, besides them, Scott Olsen was definitely the last lefty to log serious time in the rotation.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                            your previous disasters of Miller, Robertson, and West.
                            Those guys have made a total of 61 starts in five full seasons since Olsen left. What's wrong with what he said?
                            poop

Comment

• Yeah, I think he meant was a long-term lefty.
                              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Those guys have made a total of 61 starts in five full seasons since Olsen left. What's wrong with what he said?
                                Because they've had lefty starters, and a high priced free agent one at that. By your account, they've had at least 2 seasons worth. I mean, you forget about Buerhle and you're the GM in charge? I understand its off handed commentary, doesn't really matter, and shit happens to all of us, but its just not remotely accurate and I wonder where the hell these guys heads are. I should be less surprised/annoyed at this point, especially when in the same interview they are committed to Jones against LHP despite signing Baker. And this is ignoring if they keep Heaney down for 20 days, unlike Fernandez, they get another entire year of service time. They just aren't very good at this and things like this remind me and I get annoyed.

Comment

Working...
                                X