No announcement yet.

Marlins 2013 Off-season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't think you did, just musing Hand can probably out perform last years SP5, which is great considering he may not be a top 5 option on the team.

If everything goes right, they could really turn into a top 5 pitching team in baseball, but that's probably very optimistic with Eovaldi/Turner both hitting top projections. Any way though, they are going to shave a lot of runs off those 60+ starts above. I can see sub-625 runs easy.

Which is still probably a negative run differential…..

Comment

• We may have just signed our rebuilding project RP

Henry Rodriguez minor league deal with ST Invite

Comment

• Well it doesn't hurt to sign him but I don't see how he is a rebuilding project. He's basically had one full year in the majors and managed to have a BB/9 over 6 in that season. I want this guy no where near the major league club; he walks way to many batters.

Comment

• Do we even need a "rebuilding project RP?" He's probably just a minor league signing like a bunch of other minor league signings. Depth.

Comment

• Marlins have signed outfielder Angel Morales to a minor league contract. Former 2007 third rounder of the Twins, he has a career .258/.338/.424 line. He'll likely start the year in Jacksonville.
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• The Marlins have laughed a new blog On Cloud Conine

Check it out: http://oncloudconine.wordpress.com/2...ments-of-2013/

Comment

• Oye

Comment

• get it? cause nine
                  Originally posted by Madman81
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Chris Berman came up with the name.

Comment

• From the Boston Globe:

4. Will Middlebrooks, 3B, Red Sox — The feeling is the Red Sox will continue to hold on to Middlebrooks even if they re-sign Stephen Drew. Teams ask about Middlebrooks, but the Red Sox haven’t pulled the trigger, feeling Middlebooks has power and they’d hate to lose that. The Marlins have asked a lot about Middlebrooks, but there’s no clear match unless it’s part of a Giancarlo Stanton deal, which isn’t happening. The Red Sox believe they could move Xander Bogaerts to third and still give Middlebrooks enough at-bats to make his power work by alternating him between the corners.

Comment

• I don't think it would have to be Stanton. I think, assuming they retain Drew, they'd move him for Cishek and some secondary arm they can stick in the minors.

Might be worth waiting till June to trade Cishek though because I suspect there might be something than Middlebrooks out there.

Comment

• What exactly is the #linslife?

Comment

• [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQaP9-8YQAE[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                              I don't think it would have to be Stanton. I think, assuming they retain Drew, they'd move him for Cishek and some secondary arm they can stick in the minors.

Might be worth waiting till June to trade Cishek though because I suspect there might be something than Middlebrooks out there.
                              Boston would trade Middlebrooks for Cishek in a second however no matter how much we like Middlebrooks,we would be stupid to do a straight deal like that.

If we wait till the trade deadline,some team who needs a closer(NYY) or some team who's closer got hurt will pay out the ass for Cishek. The only negative is teams also know that Cishek will be gone before the 2015 season so it's not like an arguement of we won't trade him if we don't get a deal we like won't work
                              --------------------
                              We are still looking for a veteran innings eater(likely to sign 1 by ST) and another RP. RP will likely come from a minor league deal

Our position guys seem to be set tho now with the Baker signing
                              Last edited by tjfla; 02-04-2014, 01:42 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                Boston would trade Middlebrooks for Cishek in a second however no matter how much we like Middlebrooks,we would be stupid to do a straight deal like that.

If we wait till the trade deadline,some team who needs a closer(NYY) or some team who's closer got hurt will pay out the ass for Cishek. The only negative is teams also know that Cishek will be gone before the 2015 season so it's not like an arguement of we won't trade him if we don't get a deal we like won't work
                                --------------------
                                We are still looking for a veteran innings eater(likely to sign 1 by ST) and another RP. RP will likely come from a minor league deal

Our position guys seem to be set tho now with the Baker signing
                                The back-end starters market is pretty interesting right now. I'd love to sign Bronson Arroyo, but I'm certain he's out of the price range. Paul Maholm is still out there and Aaron Harang could be useful in a big park like ours. Other than that, in our price range anyway, there are bunch of reclamation projects or pitchers coming off bad seasons out there that I'd be willing to sign to a Minor League deal...Jiar Jurrjens, Tommy Hanson, Joe Saunders, etc. I'd also still be willing to take a shot on Johan Santana.

Comment

Working...
                                X