Marlins 2013 Off-season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lou View Post
    Marlins aren't going to overpay and send a second rounder to Boston for Napoli. I'm sure it's a good faith "come home" contract in case he wants too and nothing more. He has more options unlike Salty so I doubt that happens.
    Exactly if Napoli wanted a 3/21 million dollar deal like Salty then he prolly would already be signed. They are also still hoping that LAA will drop the price on Trumbo.
    --------------------
    Originally posted by kusch View Post
    What if Loria says fuck everyone and throws a curveball and trades for Price.
    Seattle might have him already- Walker,Franklin,Smoak plus more

Seattle/TB match up so well for a trade it's not funny
    Last edited by tjfla; 12-06-2013, 12:23 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• @JeffPassan: Source: 1B Garrett Jones nearing a multiyear deal with the Marlins. Logan Morrison eminently available. Makes a lot of sense for Milwaukee.
      Twitter

I hate to lose a healthy LoMo. Not comfortable with this at all unless we get Middlebrooks.

Comment

• @JCRMarlinsbeat: RT @JeffPassan: Source: 1B Garrett Jones nearing a multiyear deal with the Marlins. Logan Morrison eminently available. Makes a lot of sense for Milwaukee.

Really don't get it if they don't have a platoon partner
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
          @JCRMarlinsbeat: RT @JeffPassan: Source: 1B Garrett Jones nearing a multiyear deal with the Marlins. Logan Morrison eminently available. Makes a lot of sense for Milwaukee.

Really don't get it if they don't have a platoon partner
          LoMo will have alot of suitors-Milwaukee,Seattle,Tampa,Houston

Possibly looking at a 3 or even 4 way deal with 1 of those teams plus LAA. They are asking LAA if they want a SP from any of those teams

The issue with Napoli is all $$.

Comment

• I don't understand moving a cheap LoMo for a more expensive Garrett Jones. Dude has some pop but doesn't get on base at all.
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• Could be a big deal at the Winter Meetings with

Seattle-Price
              LAA-Arms
              Tampa-Morrison and prospects
              Miami-Trumbo
              (Yes alot more guys would be in the deals)

OR

Miami-Trumbo
              LAA-Arms
              Other Team-Morrison

Comment

• Wait why would we need trombone if we have jones? I'm confused

Comment

• I really think Reynolds makes a lot of sense now. He can play both 1st and 3rd. Would make a good platoon partner at worst at either spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by kusch View Post
                    Wait why would we need trombone if we have jones? I'm confused
                    if they think Trumbo can play 3b

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                      if they think Trumbo can play 3b
                      Trumbo at 3B and even 1B when the time comes or if needed

Moran will be in the minors at least the first part of 2014(Should be whole 2014 but never know with us)

So Trumbo plays 3B then moves to 1B when Moran is ready

Comment

• I wonder if the idea is to put Yelich in CF, Jones in LF, Trumbo at 1B, and still acquire a 3B. I find it hard to believe they want Trumbo at 3B when they are looking to improve infield defense.

Ozuna, Marisnick, and Dietrich in AAA isn't a terrible plan.

Comment

• Acquiring Trumbo and Jones gives us a very nice looking lineup
                          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• I actually kind of like the way they're building this team. I'll have to wait and see what they get for LoMo, but I liked the Salty signing and like these under the radar moves with Furcal and Jones. They're low risk moves that could give them solid play while they develop some of their younger talent. I really hope they do trade one of their young pitchers for a bat like we've heard they might. Now is the time to do that while they've got lots of it and they are all still prospects with upside, which is what all of baseball is looking for. Ideally, they trade for a guy like Middlebrooks who can play 3rd now and still has upside and will be under control for some time. Then, once Moran comes up either he, or Middlebrooks can move to 1st if need be.

Right now though they're spending money wisely rather than overpaying like many of the other teams in baseball.

Comment

• @flasportsbuzz: Marlins will pay Garrett Jones between $7M and $8M total in the two year deal, by the way.Hit .233,15,51 in 2013 but .274,27,86 in 2012.
                              Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                                I wonder if the idea is to put Yelich in CF, Jones in LF, Trumbo at 1B, and still acquire a 3B. I find it hard to believe they want Trumbo at 3B when they are looking to improve infield defense.

Ozuna, Marisnick, and Dietrich in AAA isn't a terrible plan.
                                Could be-I know that Uribe had a 2 yr deal in hand and havent heard anything about us taking it back yet?

I find it hard to believe that LAA would reject a deal of Alvarez or Turner plus another ML ready arm(Someone for Morrison) for Trumbo. They want Eovaldi but Alvarez plus say a young guy from Milwaukee or Tampa would get them thinking hard.

Comment

Working...
                                X