Marlins 2013 Off-season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
    Only way I like them signing Jones is by getting a good right-handed hitter to go with him.
    They'd have room. You'd imagine the other guy on the bench hits lefties and plays 1B/3B. I could see them signing someone like Mark Reynolds for that role. They've liked him before and historically has hit lefties harder. Boom or fucking bust lineup.

Comment

• So the five bench spots would be:
      Mathis
      1b/3b platoon (Reynolds)
      Solano
      Lucas?
      Ruggiano

I'd rather have two backup outfielders, though.
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• What about a Jones/Mike Morse 1B platoon?

Comment

• I want Nick Franklin now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
            So the five bench spots would be:
            Mathis
            1b/3b platoon (Reynolds)
            Solano
            Lucas?
            Ruggiano

I'd rather have two backup outfielders, though.
            Solano/Lucas, not both
            Forgot team captain Dobbs

Solano/Lucas, Dobbs, and say G. jones all can play LF so don't think it would be an issue.
            --------------------
            Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
            What about a Jones/Mike Morse 1B platoon?
            If he's healthy. I'm not sure he is. He was really hurting last year. He might be a MILB deal guy. I'm not sure he gets a MLB deal.
            --------------------
            Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
            I want Nick Franklin now.
            You'd imagine he plays SS or is traded for David Price.
            Last edited by lou; 12-06-2013, 11:09 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Thanks Lou, I totally blanked on Dobbs.
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• @jonmorosi: Sources: Mike Napoli market picking up. Mariners, Marlins, Rangers, Red Sox all involved. @FOXSportsLive
                Twitter

Hopefully not the Sox, so we can have some leverage to try and do LoMo for Middlebrooks.

Comment

• I'd be shocked if the Red Sox settled for Morrison at 1B. I don't think that works.
                  --------------------
                  Also Ryan Webb 2 year deal, higher annual value than his arbitration.

Seriously couldn't have traded him for a power arm in AA? Dumb.
                  Last edited by lou; 12-06-2013, 11:38 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Exactly on Ryan Webb-offer him arbitration and then just deal him instead we got nothing

Mike Napoli is a backup plan for us right now,while we are "IN" on him it is if we overpay for him or deal LoMo(which is looking very likely)
                    Last edited by tjfla; 12-06-2013, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      Exactly on Ryan Webb-offer him arbitration and then just deal him instead we got nothing

Mike Napoli is a backup plan for us right now,while we are "IN" on him it is if we overpay for him or deal LoMo(which is looking very likely)
                      I would assume we'd have to overpay for him AND deal LoMo...

And a backup plan for what exactly?

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                        I would assume we'd have to overpay for him AND deal LoMo...

And a backup plan for what exactly?
                        Backup plan if we trade LoMo. Hell, Napoli should be plan A and LoMo should be the backup plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                          Backup plan if we trade LoMo. Hell, Napoli should be plan A and LoMo should be the backup plan.
                          That's what I was questioning. You don't need a backup plan if you keep LoMo. You don't even need a plan...you just keep him. I would assume that they are planning on moving LoMo and Garrett Jones would be the backup plan to signing Napoli.

Comment

• Marlins aren't going to overpay and send a second rounder to Boston for Napoli. I'm sure it's a good faith "come home" contract in case he wants too and nothing more. He has more options unlike Salty so I doubt that happens.

Comment

• What I mean is he is a backup plan IF we trade LoMo however to get him we will have to overpay him plus give up a 2nd Rd pick.

The feeling around the league is LoMo is as good as gone during the Winter Meetings however Loria seems to be split on it especially with Napoli wanting 40 mil+ and LoMo cheap. The issue that the FO is having is they are getting some interesting offers for him(Seattle has asked on him now to)

A more likely guy is Garrett Jones or Mark Reynolds

Comment

• What if Loria says fuck everyone and throws a curveball and trades for Price.

Comment

Working...
                                X