Marlins 2013 Off-season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
    Why not just give him a 3rd year option, and secure his position if we are so needy at 3B?...

I would love to know what the AAV of the deal is. I'm assuming 2/14-16.
    If it's more than that, it's a quick no thanks. But I can't imagine anyone gives him more than that or a guaranteed 3rd year. He should be happy he gets that after his 11-12.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
      LoMo also said he still has a grievance pending against the Marlins.
      from 2011?
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
        from 2011?
        Yeah. Hot Stove asked him about him getting sent down and all that and he said he still had a grievance pending so he couldn't really talk about it.
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Furcal to Marlins to be everyday 2nd basemen per Rosenthal on 1 yr deal.

Comment

• there's already a thread
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Ain't that some shit

Comment

Furcal to Marlins to be everyday 2nd basemen per Rosenthal on 1 yr deal.
                tjfla had it covered. He was "right" again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                  tjfla had it covered. He was "right" again.

Comment

• Marlins in talks for power hitter; Media column: Thoughts on coverage of Incognito/Martin; Notes
                    The Marlins are so open to the idea of trading Logan Morrison, presuming they can get something decent back for him, that they've already had discussions with at least one potential replacement.

According to sources, the Marlins have had serious discussions with former Pirates first baseman Garrett Jones, a left-handed hitter who has hit between 15 and 27 homers each of the past five seasons with Pittsburgh. There is interest on both sides.

The Pirates did not tender Jones a contract last week after he hit a career-low .233 with 15 homers and 51 RBI last season. That was a dropoff from 2012, when he hit .274, with 27 homers and 86 RBI.

Jones, 32, also can play right field, but the Marlins have said publicly that they don't plan to trade Giancarlo Stanton this offseason.

A left-handed hitter, Jones spent his first season with Minnesota and the past five with Pittsburgh. He hit 21, 21 and 16 homers in his first three years with the Pirates and last year became the first Pirate to hit a home run into the Allegheny River, which is just beyond PNC Park.

A .254 career hitter, Jones committed six errors in 83 games at first base last season and two in 64 games in right field.

The Marlins will explore trades involving Morrison over the next week. He could be dealt for a third baseman, which remains a priority.

The Marlins have been very active this week, signing catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia and agreeing to terms with former Braves and Cardinals shortstop Rafael Furcal, who will play second base for the Marlins.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy
                    Miami Herald

For you Jones' lovers.
                    --------------------
                    @Ken_Rosenthal: Sources: #Rangers interested in Napoli even after acquiring Fielder. Envision Napoli 1B-DH, Beltre-Fielder-Napoli 3-4-5. #Marlins also in.
                    Twitter

Thought we were said to be out of Napoli sweepstakes yesterday?
                    Last edited by Big Z; 12-06-2013, 09:36 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I wouldn't say lovers, but he should hit RHP and be cheap on a 1 year deal. They might really hit right handers if they get him and sign a 3B who can play a bit.

Probably not trade Morrison for 3B with Moran as the best hitter in system. Just get more pitching at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                        I wouldn't say lovers, but he should hit RHP and be cheap on a 1 year deal. They might really hit right handers if they get him and sign a 3B who can play a bit.

Probably not trade Morrison for 3B with Moran as the best hitter in system. Just get more pitching at this point.
                        I'd love LoMo for Middlebrooks. Can't count on Moran until he's ready; prospects are prospects.

Comment

• I can't see him signing Napoli for $40-45 million with his injury threat. Plus he'll get equal money from a contender so it's an overpay scenario if anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                            I can't see him signing Napoli for $40-45 million with his injury threat. Plus he'll get equal money from a contender so it's an overpay scenario if anything.
                            He's from South Fla, Salty just joined the team, we are young with major talent, no state tax. I just don't think we offer that much money for him, unless Loria is expanding payroll to the 60's-70's..

Comment

I'd love LoMo for Middlebrooks. Can't count on Moran until he's ready; prospects are prospects.
                              I don't think Morrison gets Middlebrooks, but that certainly would be something to strongly consider. And I was speaking more of getting redundant prospects as I think the best deal for Morrison is minor leaguers
                              --------------------
                              Texas has no income tax, and I know Napoli is from plantation. He has options and could go play for a winner. It matters. Salty didn't have the same market.

It would be a Cano scenario. Marlins would need to trump Rangers/Red Sox by 25% or something. I don't see Loria doing that.

G. jones on a 1 year I see as realistic.
                              Last edited by lou; 12-06-2013, 10:03 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Only way I like them signing Jones is by getting a good right-handed hitter to go with him.
                                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Working...
                                X