Solano, 2B (R)
    Stanton, RF (R)
    Morrison, 1B (L)
    Ozuna, CF (R)
    3B (?)
    Salty (S)
    Hech (R)
    P

I wouldn't mind putting Logan or Ozuna third and let Stanton bat cleanup but I doubt they'd do that.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• they didn't sign Salty to hit 7th bruh

he'll probably open the year in the cleanup spot, definitely not lower than 5th
      Last edited by HUGG; 12-04-2013, 02:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
        I'd really like us to take a shot on Casey McGehee.

he hit .292/.376/.515 in Japan this year and he has hit before in the majors (.291/.346/.477 in 1064pa in 2009-10, but then fell off the table in 11-12, .221/.282/.351 in 952), so it's not totally impossible to think he could again
        does this team even know japan has baseball? i know we've never signed an import player, but i can't even think of a time we've signed an american player who played over there
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
          He also played for the champions over there.

CHAMPIONSHIP EXPERIENCE, BOYS
          So he's already had a season end in a pile?
          This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
            does this team even know japan has baseball? i know we've never signed an import player, but i can't even think of a time we've signed an american player who played over there
            Orestes Destrade...

But really, who are the examples of players leaving MLB for Japan and then coming back and making an impact? I can't think of any off the top of my head. They went to play in Japan for a reason.

Comment

• Ryan Vogelsong

Comment

• Did Kevin Millar ever play in Japan finally?
                --------------------
                ### The Marlins, who upgraded at catcher Tuesday by agreeing to terms with free agent Jarrod Saltalamacchia, are open to trading starting pitching for offensive help in their infield. But aside from untouchable Jose Fernandez, they don’t want to deal their top pitching prospect (left-hander Andrew Heaney) and are reluctant to trade Nathan Eovaldi.

They might need to consider parting with one of the pitchers acquired from Toronto last winter to acquire a hitter. Ex-Tiger Jacob Turner likely isn’t going to net a high-end hitter in return.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy
                Miami Herald
                Last edited by Big Z; 12-04-2013, 09:17 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                  Orestes Destrade...

But really, who are the examples of players leaving MLB for Japan and then coming back and making an impact? I can't think of any off the top of my head. They went to play in Japan for a reason.

Cecil Fielder

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                    Did Kevin Millar ever play in Japan finally?
                    --------------------

Miami Herald
                    I like how none of those names mentioned as untouchable were from the toronto deal.
                    --------------------
                    Uribe has posted a WAR over 2.0 four times (BR) in his 13 year career. All of those years his defense had a significant contribution and only one of those years (2013) was he primarily a third baseman.
                    Last edited by Jay; 12-04-2013, 10:17 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• @CDeNicola13: #Marlins next move? Infield (primarily 2B or 3B). Solano and Dietrich platoon/competition can be at either depending on trade/FA catch made.
                      Twitter

Comment

• Nothing is close but we do have an offer out for Uribe still. If we get a 3B look for Dietrich to get a shot at 2B and Solano will be the UT guy

The reason we went got Salty is because we gave him the 3rd Year. The deal was 2 years and option for 3rd however Minn and Boston also had 2 yr offers worth less cash

Trumbo is still an option for us however hearing LAA will only consider Eovaldi or Heaney for him and no chance we deal Heaney for him/Eovaldi we are in love with. Also heard a story that we could have got Dexter Fowler for Jacob Turner and a bat(guessing Ruggiano) however we rejected it.

3 teams still in on LoMo-Tampa,Houston,Milwaukee

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                          So as of right now we will go:

Yelich, LF (L)
                          Solano, 2B (R)
                          Stanton, RF (R)
                          Morrison, 1B (L)
                          Ozuna, CF (R)
                          3B (?)
                          Salty (S)
                          Hech (R)
                          P

I wouldn't mind putting Logan or Ozuna third and let Stanton bat cleanup but I doubt they'd do that.
                          Could end up being Marisnick in CF.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                            Nothing is close but we do have an offer out for Uribe still. If we get a 3B look for Dietrich to get a shot at 2B and Solano will be the UT guy

The reason we went got Salty is because we gave him the 3rd Year. The deal was 2 years and option for 3rd however Minn and Boston also had 2 yr offers worth less cash

Trumbo is still an option for us however hearing LAA will only consider Eovaldi or Heaney for him and no chance we deal Heaney for him/Eovaldi we are in love with. Also heard a story that we could have got Dexter Fowler for Jacob Turner and a bat(guessing Ruggiano) however we rejected it.

3 teams still in on LoMo-Tampa,Houston,Milwaukee
                            I'm still not sold on Uribe, but I think we are better off with Uribe at 3B and LoMo at 1B, and Dietrich at 2B, than we are with Napoli at 1B, Solano/Lucas at 2B, and Dietrich/Lucas at 3B.

I can't see Uribe getting anything less than 3/21, and I don't see us paying more than that.
                            Last edited by Big Z; 12-04-2013, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• I'd be surprised if he got 3, but I find it very likely he gets 2 ala Marlon Byrd. I think 2/$15 gets it done easily end of the day. If that defense is for real, he won't be a disaster even with the BABIP drop coming.

Comment

• The offer Uribe has from us is 2 years. He is waiting for 3 years or a LA/NYY offer tho.

Napoli is probably too expensive for us and would also cost us a 2nd Round Pick(even tho the pick means nothing since we have like 5 of the first 100)

Comment

Working...
                                X