No announcement yet.

Roster Moves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MRI on Chris Coghlan showed a lower back strain and "will be out a while" Redmond said
    Well there goes any chance of Coghlan being good again.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

with the way our doctors work, he'll be lucky to ever walk again

amirite?

Comment

A non-walking life isn't that bad, right Mainge?

Comment

Cogs could be out for over a month.

When asked if Coghlan's injury would keep him out beyond the All-Star break, Redmond was uncertain. The specific nature of Coghlan's injury remains uncertain.

It's hard to say until we really figure out what he's got going," Redmond said. "He might have to go off and do some more tests to exactly figure out what he's got going back there."
          http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...k_mia&c_id=mia
          --------------------
          Updates:

Nathan Eovaldi & Henderson Alvarez both slated to make rehab starts Thursday, Eovaldi for @JaxSunsBaseball & Alvarez for @GoHammerheads.
          Last edited by Miamarlin21; 06-11-2013, 07:41 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Joe Capozzi ‏@joecapMARLINS 45s
            #Marlins place C Miguel Olivo on the restricted list; OF Jordan Brown recalled from AAA NOLA

Comment

Wtf are they doing?

Miguel Olivo placed on restricted list after walking out on Marlins in frustration

The Marlins placed Miguel Olivo on the restricted list after the team refused his request to be released and he walked out on the club during Friday's game, according to the disgruntled catcher.

"I told them I wanted to be released and they wouldn't give it to me," said Olivo, who was unhappy with his diminished playing time. "I don't understand why they don't release me. I told them I wanted to be released becuase I have 30 days of not playing. I need to play."

Olivo's playing time dried up after Jeff Mathis returned from the disabled list, leaving the Marlins with three catchers on the roster. With Mathis and Rob Brantly sharing the catching duties, Olivo had stared just once since May 12.

Olivo said he has asked to be released three separate times, but his request was denied each time.

"They say we need you for pinch-hitting," Olivo said in a phone interview with the Miami Herald. "I said I've never been a pinch-hitter in my life. That's not my game."

Olivo said he once again pleaded for his release with Marlins general manager Michael Hill before Friday's game, but to no avail. Olivo said he then watched the first inning from inside the clubhouse before showering, dressing and leaving.

"I don't understand," Olivo said. "If I'm not doing nothing, I don't understand why they keep me doing nothing. Let me go. Right now they're going to make me look bad, and I'm not. I hope people understand. I just want to play baseball. They have three catchers."

Olivo can't sign with another team while on the restricted list.

"I'm just praying to God they release me and don't be selfish," he said. "I've been very professional. I've done everything I could to help the team. They're only hurting one person, and that's me. I"m a nice person. I don't want to hurt nobody."

Olivo hit .203 with four home runs in mostly part-time duty with the Marlins. The Marlins called up outfielder Jordan Brown from Triple A New Orleans to fill Olivo's spot on the 25-man roster.

Posted by Clark Spencer at 01:37 PM | Permalink

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/fish_...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Just release him. I don't get it. Not like you're going to get anything in a trade for him either.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
                  Just release him. I don't get it. Not like you're going to get anything in a trade for him either.
                  Really. What good does putting him on the restricted list do? You think he's going to come crawling back after begging to be released three separate times? And he sure isn't going to help the team in anyway on the restricted list.

Comment

Olivo should have been happy to have a spot on any 25-man roster. He sucks and the marlins arent the first team to carry 3 catchers for a few months.

Comment

Olivo has white people problems

Comment

Originally posted by THE_REAL_MIBS View Post
                        Really. What good does putting him on the restricted list do? You think he's going to come crawling back after begging to be released three separate times? And he sure isn't going to help the team in anyway on the restricted list.
                        If they release him they have to pay him. If he is on the restricted list they dont.
                        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                        Noah Perio
                        Jupiter
                        39 AB
                        15 H
                        0 2B
                        0 3B
                        0 HR
                        0 BB
                        .385/.385/.385

Comment

We count pennies round hurr.. If we pay Olivo we can't turn on all of the lights.

Comment

We also need to replace the ones Stanton breaks. They add up quick.

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                              We also need to replace the ones Stanton breaks. They add up quick.
                              Knowing this team they prolly dock Stanton's pay

Comment

Juan C. Rodriguez ‏@JCRMarlinsbeat 55m
                                #Marlins option LHP Edgar Olmos to Jacksonville. Will activate RHP Nathan Eovaldi Tuesday.

Comment

Working...
                                X