Roster Moves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roster Moves

@JCRMarlinsbeat: #Marlins moves: Giancarlo Stanton reinstated from DL; Casey Kotchman to 15day DL w/left oblique strain, retro 6/9
    @JCRMarlinsbeat: Also Joe Mahoney & Donovan Solano both reinstated from DL & optioned to NOLA
    Twitter

Can't wait to see Stanton back in there with LoMo and Ozuna.

Solano goes to AAA but Polanco stays? AWESOME

Comment

They are both pretty terrible. Solano just had a random little hot streak for 6 games before he went on the DL.
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

Yes but one is a fossil and the other isn't

Comment

Well Polanco has the lowest OPS (.547) on the team so naturally the FO wants him in the lineup

Because they're the worst

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
            Well Polanco has the lowest OPS (.547) on the team so naturally the FO wants him in the lineup

Because they're the worst
            Every subgroup needs one proven gritty vet to guide the kids, y'know.

OF - Pierre
            IF - Polanco
            C - Mathis
            SP - Slowey
            RP - Qualls
            Sanchez life

Comment

Originally posted by dgriot View Post
              Every subgroup needs one proven gritty vet to guide the kids, y'know.
              SP-Nolasco
              1B-Dobbs

OF - Pierre
              IF - Polanco
              SP - Slowey
              RP - Qualls
              The thing in common is by the time July 31 rolls around teams will be looking to trade for them.

None of them(Maybe Slowey) will be around in 2014 so might as well get a possible prospect or pick for next year

Comment

We're not going to get anything worth having for a lot of those guys (including Polanco). It's simply a waste of time (not that I care that Solano is no longer here, anyway).

Comment

Lucas should be starting every day at 3b at least until his inevitable cool off. Solano not being up instead of Polanco doesn't bother me too much, but Polanco starting in any capacity does.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                    We're not going to get anything worth having for a lot of those guys (including Polanco). It's simply a waste of time (not that I care that Solano is no longer here, anyway).
                    With the new way stuff is set up,u could package Nolasco with Pierre/Dobbs or Polanco AND IFA Cash in a move and in a different deal u could take either Pierre/Dobbs or Polanco and more IFA cash

The Yankees would take Polanco in a second if it came with a million in IFA cash. Yes the prospect won't be great but we would get something for 2 things we have no use for in 2014.

Now that u can trade IFA cash and draft picks alot more teams are now holding onto vets that usually would be worth nothing just in case a team wants them later. A team like Texas,NYY,Chicago can sign 4 or 5 guys with a million bucks

As for the RP(Qualls,Dunn,Cishek,Webb) teams have been calling on ALL of them for a month now. So if we are willing to deal them we should get alot of offers

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      With the new way stuff is set up,u could package Nolasco with Pierre/Dobbs or Polanco AND IFA Cash in a move and in a different deal u could take either Pierre/Dobbs or Polanco and more IFA cash

The Yankees would take Polanco in a second if it came with a million in IFA cash. Yes the prospect won't be great but we would get something for 2 things we have no use for in 2014.

Now that u can trade IFA cash and draft picks alot more teams are now holding onto vets that usually would be worth nothing just in case a team wants them later. A team like Texas,NYY,Chicago can sign 4 or 5 guys with a million bucks

As for the RP(Qualls,Dunn,Cishek,Webb) teams have been calling on ALL of them for a month now. So if we are willing to deal them we should get alot of offers
                      Polanco, Pierre and Dobbs are worth nothing pretty much. I'm not entirely sure how this works, but couldn't they just trade the cash for a prospect if they really wanted the prospect that badly?

Anyway, my point still stands; they won't be worth anyone worth having so it seems like a waste of time to me.

I expect Pierre and Polanco to be traded for nothing or released, and I expect Dobbs to stay here all year in a Wes Helms role just because.

We could probably get something decent for the relievers. Although, the relievers who would actually bring back something interesting (Cishek, Dunn) are rumored to be guys that the Marlins have no interest in trading.

The only intriguing thing about this deadline is to see what they can get for Nolasco. And if Slowey continues to pitch well and they trade him, they might get someone intriguing in return, as well. That's about it. They could probably trade a guy like Webb combined with one of those guys and get something nice.

Comment

Polanco .229/.288/.259
                        Solano .278/.333/.324

Solano is ass, but significantly less ass than old & useless.

Comment

Polanco has made 1 error at 3B

Solano has made 6 errors at 2B

Polanco has GIDP 9 times

Solano has GIDP 4 times

Polanco has played around 53 games

Solano has played around 30 games

That's some embarrassing shit. Fuck both of them, give me more Lucas until the Moran is ready next year.

Comment

Errors.
                            poop

Comment

Polanco:

Solano:

Comment

Working...
                              X