Clear All

• Postgame: Mets, 10, CC and Uggla, 3

Discuss.

I would rather not

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
      I would rather not
      Ha, looks like you're not the only one.

The only thing I'll say is that Sanchez looked absolutely clueless out there. Just awful.
      Last edited by geemoney; 08-27-2009, 05:31 PM.

Comment

So Sanchez looks all money last outing and then comes out and drops a large turd on the mound. I don't understand this guy.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Yeah, I made the post game thread after returning to the hotel from watching the entire game and then going to see the new ballpark site.

CC looked good, though. 3-4 with a walk and 2 homers. Too bad no one else came ready to play.

Comment

I'll give Anibal a bit of a break for this one. I mean, it was only his second outing since coming back from the injury.

P.S.: Colorado lost, so we didn't lose any ground.

Comment

Poor Sanchez. One step forward and one back.

Comment

Awful game, but 2 outta 3 ain't bad.

Comment

Oh, and one nugget to throw in about how astronomically dumb the Mets' announcers are:

In the game yesterday, they were talking about Coghlan, and Gary Cohen (the play-by-play guy) said that his OBP coming into the game was .365. He then said that .365 really isn't that great and that leadoff hitters should have OBPs around .385-.390. Really, Gary?

1.) Generally, only elite players have OBPs that are that high (generally).
                  2.) Your leadoff hitter and golden boy, Jose Reyes, the man who Keith Hernandez last year said was "without question" better than Hanley Ramirez, has a career high OBP of .358 and has a career average OBP of .337.

l...o...l...
                  Last edited by m26555; 08-28-2009, 02:57 PM.

Comment

I had a dream that Gaby Sanchez hit a home run.
                    poop

Comment

Originally posted by m26555 View Post
                      Oh, and one nugget to throw in about how astronomically dumb the Mets' announcers are:

In the game yesterday, they were talking about Coghlan, and Gary Cohen (the play-by-play guy) said that his OBP coming into the game was .365. He then said that .365 really isn't that great and that leadoff hitter should have OBPs around .385-.390. Really, Gary?

1.) Generally, only elite players have OBPs that are that high (generally).
                      2.) Your leadoff hitter and golden boy, Jose Reyes, the man who Keith Hernandez last year said was "without question" better than Hanley Ramirez, has a career high OBP of .358 and has a career average OBP of .337.

l...o...l...
                      I remember hearing him say that....I kinda questioned that logic too as he said it, but didn't think much of it afterward.

Comment

Working...
                      X