Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Should Be Traded at the Trade Deadline?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Should Be Traded at the Trade Deadline?

In terms of candidates, Nolasco, Slowey, Ruggiano, and Cishek should at least be considered as guys we could trade, imo.

Any others?

--------------------
    Clean slate protocol

/terrible Iron Man 3 reference
    Last edited by MiamiHomer; 05-08-2013, 04:06 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Nolasco
      Slowey
      Polanco
      Pierre
      Dobbs
      Cishek (but not at the first offer, like the rest of these clowns)
      Ruggiano (same as Cishek)

team should listen to offers on anyone, especially over the age of 27 or so

Comment

I agree with Polanco, Pierre and Dobbs, as well, although we probably wouldn't get much for them. I honestly think Pierre will be DFA'd at some point. He's awful.

Comment

Who should be traded? I'd say if there's a great offer out there, Stanton, Slowey, Nolasco, Pierre, Dobbs, Ruggiano, Polanco.

Who do I think we will trade? Slowey (biggest return), Pierre, Nolasco, Dobbs, Polanco.

I think Stanton's staying until he tells the front office face to face that he will never sign an extension. Slowey is the obvious guy if he can keep an ERA under 4. If he can keep it under 3 somehow until July we could get a very nice package in return. Two months of Nolasco isn't nearly as hard to trade as a full year of Nolasco. We'll get a team desperate for starting pitching to budge for a meh offer in return.

I don't know what we can get for the rest of the guys other than a couple bats and a bag of baseballs, but they'll be traded somehow.

Even without Ruggiano, we're going to have an outfield of Ozuna/Yelich/Stanton with Marisnick in need of more minor league seasoning. Silverio also needs to find a way to play at some point.

I hate that Ruggiano has to be the one to go. If only he knew how to play 3rd base...
          Last edited by dim; 05-08-2013, 04:14 PM.

Comment

I would think Ruggiano has to go, with our OF depth. Gotta get some arms or young 3B for him.

I also think you have to strike while the iron is hot with Slowey.

I'd hold on to Cishek, unless we're blown away by an offer. Not because he's all that great, but I can't imagine getting a ton for him, and he's not that expensive.

For the rest of the clowns Ramp mentioned, just hope we can get a decent spec for them.

Comment

So say we keep Stanton and Lomo and Yelich, Ozuna and Marisnick are all ready and will do well, who do we trade?
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Anyone besides StantonFernandezOzuna other teams will give us stuff in exchange for.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

well for one thing I think we should let Marisnick take his time, but let's say he goes out of his mind with the bat. I think the odd man out would have to be LoMo.

Comment

Because he's arbitration eligible?

Comment

that and I just don't think we can trust his health going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                        well for one thing I think we should let Marisnick take his time, but let's say he goes out of his mind with the bat. I think the odd man out would have to be LoMo.
                        At the rate we're going, he'll be in the majors next week.

Mainge's little brother who plays for Palm Beach Central High School will be called up sometime in July.

CC's kid should get the call when rosters expand to 40.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

True. But if he does get healthy he would be a very nice bat. It'll be interesting to see how the Marlins use their money. As of now Stanton, Slowley, Rugg, Webb, LoMo, Dunn and Cishek will all be eligible for arbitration.

Comment

Trade LoMo

Defensive liability who will spend most of his time on the DL

<------------Owns reliable crystal ball

Trade everyone who brings a "great" return.

If Ozuna OPS's .800+ for the remainder of the season trade him too just to keep it real.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                              Trade LoMo

Defensive liability who will spend most of his time on the DL
                              He's probably not a defensive liability at first base.
                              poop

Comment

Working...
                              X