Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I realize this is more for fantasy baseball, but look at this

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/fantasy/injuries/

players get injured all the time, it doesn't seem any more or less than with us

(we kept Jose Reyes healthy!)

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
      But I feel like we have 3-4 of those injuries a year dating back to like 2002.
      I don't really remember them, but maybe that's because they don't seem to stand out to me? That happens to literally every team. I could list a bunch of examples just from the last few months if you want.
      poop

Comment

Injuries happen. That's not the problem. The problem is the lack of quality replacements for the injured (although Sanabia and Fernandez filling in for Evoldi and Alvarez is probably an upgrade).

Comment

That's an entirely different argument altogether.
          poop

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
            I realize this is more for fantasy baseball, but look at this

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/fantasy/injuries/

players get injured all the time, it doesn't seem any more or less than with us

(we kept Jose Reyes healthy!)
            Is there any site that may keep track of the original diagnosis compared to how long that person stayed out?

I think that's what mk's talking about here, with Eovaldi being fine, then on the 15-day DL, then out for two months minimum. I remember the same thing happening to JJ at least once.
            God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
            - Daft

Comment

Yes, I'm not talking about frequency of injuries or even severity of injuries. I'm talking about either misdiagnosis or severity worsening out of nowhere.
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Almost always happens with pitching injuries that way.
                --------------------
                A misdiagnosis isn't on the training staff, either.
                Last edited by Mainge; 04-18-2013, 01:48 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                  Yes, I'm not talking about frequency of injuries or even severity of injuries. I'm talking about either misdiagnosis or severity worsening out of nowhere.
                  This literally happens everywhere.

Off the top of my head in the last year: Neftali Feliz, Corey Hart, David Ortiz, Johan Santana, Matt Garza, Scott Kazmir, Alex Rodriguez, Frank Francisco (twice, probably), Shaun Marcum, Rafael Furcal.

And I feel confident saying there are a lot more. Those are just the ones I've had to write about in recent weeks.

Everyone of those guys initially started with an injury that seems less severe before being forced to go on the DL, either due to misdiagnosis or severity worsening "out of nowhere".

I'm more familiar with the NBA, if you want some examples there from this season: Tyson Chandler, Carmelo Anthony, Kenyon Martin, Joakim Noah, Rajon Rondo, Andrew Bynum, Danny Granger, Ty Lawson, Kevin Love (was out with a fractured hand, had surgery on his knee out of nowhere!), Steve Nash, Nicolas Batum, etc.
                  --------------------
                  And this isn't even an equivocating, "all teams are the same" thing. There are teams that, for whatever reason" have better track records dealing with injuries. The Suns and Knicks come to mind on opposite ends of the spectrum in NBA.

I just see no evidence that the Marlins are exceptional either way.
                  Last edited by Bobbob1313; 04-18-2013, 02:08 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                  poop

Comment

I think he'll be activated Thursday.
                    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Hech and Mathis are both on rehab assignments in Jupiter

Comment

Hechavarria was called up and Green was DFA'd, I don't know why.

Comment

Cool.
                          --------------------
                          Originally posted by Sandroimbuto
                          Green was playing well I thought. Had 2 doubles today, no?
                          I was hoping he'd get a few at bats at 2nd.
                          Last edited by Mainge; 05-01-2013, 05:30 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Having the best OPS on the team gets you DFA. Makes sense.

Comment

SOLANO UNTOUCHABLE

Comment

I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Comment

Working...
                                X