Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlins Winter Warm-up (formerly Known As Fan Fest)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Winter Warm-up (formerly Known As Fan Fest)

Cause there is a winter in South Florida, right?

Anyways it is today. I am interested in seeing photos from the event. It's going to be a graveyard compared to last year....

...and the organization deserves it.
    Last edited by Party; 02-09-2013, 10:42 AM.

http://twitpic.com/c26y8q

I hope the link works. I can't get img addresses from my phone.
    --------------------
    And a tweet from almost 45 minutes ago.

@JonHeymanCBS: RT @clarkspencer: At present, turnout at #Marlins Park for "Winter Warm Up" is abysmal; concession stands are open but lifeless
    Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 02-09-2013, 10:21 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

LOLOLOLOL

GOOD

FUCK THOSE ASSHOLES
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I will be there in about 2 hours. I hope some of the players are still there, but this sounds like a disaster.

And Loria deserves it.

I am guessing that assfuck won't be around, or the little midget. Cowards.

Comment

Muahahahaha! I hope they don't sellout Opening Day. The optimist in me wants to believe attendance may reach a level so abysmal MLB steps in behind the scenes and forces Loria out.

I almost want to root against the players.

I can't believe I'm saying these things.
          Last edited by Party; 02-09-2013, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
            Muahahahaha! I hope they don't sellout Opening Day. The optimist in me wants to believe attendance may reach a level so abysmal MLB steps in behind the scenes and forces Loria out.

I almost want to root against the players.

I can't believe I'm saying these things.
            how do the concession contracts work ? Do the Marlins have to pay for the food sold, or do they have to guarantee to pay for "x" amount for each game or how is that done ?

Can they get out of the contracts ? If they were to pull out and leave almost no concessions would MLB start to get involved ? I wonder how all of that works ?

How will the parking work ? I believe the Marlins have to pay for all 5,000 spaces at $ 10 a game, right ? If they resell them to the public at $ 14 or $ 16 they have to sell around 2,500-3,000 per game right just to cover the guarantee, if they start falling short on that (and they could for those day games) would that start to make Loria think about selling ? Losing thousands on concessions & parking alone every game could really eat at his revenue sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
              LOLOLOLOL

GOOD

FUCK THOSE ASSHOLES

I'm worried that you're going off the deep end.

Comment

Not selling out Opening day is not just a real possibility but I think almost a certainty at this point. Judging from what my brother and his family saw this morning at the Warm-Up it will be really, really bad. He was there just before 11am and said there were no more than 200 people there, and he is not sure many of them were not people working there. He also didn't see any players there until just before they left at 11:30.

No sign of any Marlins brass at all. Certainly no Loria or Samson, and he said he thinks he might have seen Mike Hill but no one else he recognized.

Comment

Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
                  how do the concession contracts work ? Do the Marlins have to pay for the food sold, or do they have to guarantee to pay for "x" amount for each game or how is that done ?

Can they get out of the contracts ? If they were to pull out and leave almost no concessions would MLB start to get involved ? I wonder how all of that works ?

How will the parking work ? I believe the Marlins have to pay for all 5,000 spaces at $ 10 a game, right ? If they resell them to the public at $ 14 or $ 16 they have to sell around 2,500-3,000 per game right just to cover the guarantee, if they start falling short on that (and they could for those day games) would that start to make Loria think about selling ? Losing thousands on concessions & parking alone every game could really eat at his revenue sharing.
                  That kind of ballpark revenue doesn't go into the revenue sharing pot. However, decreased total revenues over the long run will increase the club's revenue sharing check for being a bottom third club. A new ballpark was supposed to push the Marlins into the middle of the pack.
                  --------------------
                  http://twitter.com/clarkspencer/stat...559360/photo/1
                  Last edited by Party; 02-09-2013, 11:10 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Weather is outstanding today. Just got home from our soccer game. It's hard to believe FanFest was a year ago. The kids and I had a total blast down there last year. It was a day I'll never forget. They still ask "when are we going back to FanFest?"

Last edited by Namaste; 02-09-2013, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE_REAL_MIBS View Post
                      http://twitpic.com/c26y8q

I hope the link works. I can't get img addresses from my phone.
                      --------------------
                      And a tweet from almost 45 minutes ago.
                      That is pretty awesome.

Comment

Ehe no longer Fan Fest 'cause fans

Comment

they posted this photo on their facebook:

6 people in line to get an autograph from a Hall of Famer.
                          Originally posted by Madman81
                          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Hi, bobbob.

Comment

I don't get it again

Comment

Working...
                              X