Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marlins Winter Warm-up (formerly Known As Fan Fest)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought the attendance would be bad, didn't think it would be THAT bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
      I don't get it again
      Because I've spent the whole offseason talking about how attendance would be great, duh.

Hugg was right. I still clicked "view post".
      poop

Comment

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/videogal...e-2013-outlook

I wish I could hear all of this, damn background noise. I love a good horrible analogy.

Comment

The Marlins are the hungriest team in the league because the postgame spread was cut out of the budget.

Comment

Todd hacked Festa, you guys.

Comment

2%.

Comment

I heard there was a decent crowd.
                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                Noah Perio
                Jupiter
                39 AB
                15 H
                0 2B
                0 3B
                0 HR
                0 BB
                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria didn’t attend today’s Winter Warm Up, so he still has not spoken publicly in Miami about the team’s controversial trade with Toronto nearly three months ago.

But team president David Samson addressed the changes, saying he hopes fans give the team a chance.

Whether fans come back remains to be seen. And while there was a festive atmosphere today at Marlins Park, the number of fans who attended the annual pre-season event was low.

There were just three people in line at the main ticket window at 9:35 a.m. — 25 minutes before single-game tickets went on sale.

And at least three people wore protest gear — two fans with anti-Loria shirts and a man who wore a Blue Jays cap to show his opposition to the trade.
                  http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/marli...warm-up-event/

The article then goes on to talk about questions Samson answered with his usual bullshit responses and nothing we haven't heard already. I'll spare everyone the trouble.

Comment

I've decided this is Oak

Comment

ehe - I like the idea of one guy wearing a Blue Jays hat but generally walking around and enjoying the "festivities" while not voicing any opposition or the like being some sort of protester.

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                        they posted this photo on their facebook:

6 people in line to get an autograph from a Hall of Famer.
                        It was like that everywhere. When I got there around 1:45 there may have been as many as 1,000 if that many there. No line for autographs was longer than 10 people long. The tent with the WBC trophy had no one in it, and there were 3 people in line to buy tickets.

I also noticed that there were tarps on the top level of the stadium. Are they not even going to try and sell those this year ?
                        --------------------
                        Oh and would it have been too much trouble to have some name signs for the guys giving the autographs ? I had no idea who the guys were unless I asked someone, and I asked one Marlins employee who were the two guys at one table, this person had no clue. If the employees don't care, why should fans ?
                        --------------------
                        Originally posted by dim View Post
                        I thought the attendance would be bad, didn't think it would be THAT bad.
                        I really do believe opening day could be less than 15,000 bodies in seats (we know they will "officially" say something like 30,000). This town right now, doesn't give two shits about the Marlins, and that may not change until Loria sells.
                        --------------------
                        Originally posted by Todd View Post
                        I heard there was a decent crowd.
                        well if you consider 1,000 people decent.
                        Last edited by oakelmpine; 02-09-2013, 09:10 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I don't think what the employees care about can relate to anything; they just care about having a job and getting paid.

I'm sure everyone is assuming they can buy tickets at gametime if they want to attend a game so why would commit ahead of time when there is no need.

I think if Stanton was there more people would be seeking autographs there because they want his but I can't see many people looking to get anyones autograph. The players with name recognition, fans already have had a chance to get there autographs so chances are they already have them.

Reported attendance is always based on how many tickets are sold and it should be; it doesn't matter if a seat is empty if it was sold.

We all know everyone is pissed or doesn't care anymore but that isn't the only reason for people not showing up.

Comment

Some of you care way too much about attendance.

Did you go? Did you have fun? What happened? Who did you meet? When you go to a baseball game, do you have fun watching the games?

As a fan, I really don't care what the attendance is. Personally, if I was a season ticket holder, I would be hoping less people go to have more space around me.

I might actually go to more games this year. Less stupid people around is always a +.

Enjoy the fact that you're still a diehard fan and maybe you could enjoy calling others bandwagon fans if we win another World Series in the next six years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post

I've decided this is Oak
                              oak strikes me as a guy who only has the old Marlins gear.
                              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                              Noah Perio
                              Jupiter
                              39 AB
                              15 H
                              0 2B
                              0 3B
                              0 HR
                              0 BB
                              .385/.385/.385

Comment

Love what I'm hearing so far re: winter warmup attendance.

We don't need no water. Let the motherfucker burn.

Comment

Working...
                                X