• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Sign Chone Figgins

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...e-figgins.html

Championship?

Another 3rd base option anyway.

It's a minor league deal with an invite to spring training.
    Last edited by rmc523; 02-08-2013, 03:28 PM.

Someone on here predicted that we would sign Chone Figgins because he's a "Beinfest guy."
    He's definitely making the team as a utility guy.

Comment

More depth for spring training - it doesn't hurt. Maybe he can find something and make the team.

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if he became the starting 2B or 3B at some point this year.

Comment

He is not definitely making the team. He might make the team but he has done nothing to even warrant keeping him in AAA for depth the past two years let alone guarantee himself a spot on the roster. He had the highest strikeout rate of his career last season. He's slowing down. His triple-slash line the past two years is what you expect from a pitcher. Yes he is the type of player that Beinfest typically drools over but Beinfest is not going to keep around a declining player that is producing ridiculously below average.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
            Chone Figgins got DFA'd

I put this here because you know we're gonna sign him.
            Originally posted by Hugg View Post
            He's Plan B

"we like his versatility and speed"
            I did it
            --------------------
            Originally posted by jay576 View Post
            He is not definitely making the team. He might make the team but he has done nothing to even warrant keeping him in AAA for depth the past two years let alone guarantee himself a spot on the roster. He had the highest strikeout rate of his career last season. He's slowing down. His triple-slash line the past two years is what you expect from a pitcher. Yes he is the type of player that Beinfest typically drools over but Beinfest is not going to keep around a declining player that is producing ridiculously below average.
            http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...elmswe01.shtml
            Last edited by HUGG; 02-08-2013, 03:44 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
              Well, you're right, but I do expect him to make the team. Honestly, the competition isn't much better.

Comment

With the exception of his last season Wes Helms was significantly better than the garbage Chone put up the past two years.

And by no means am I saying he has zero chance of making the team.
                Last edited by Jay; 02-08-2013, 03:58 PM. Reason: posted before finished typing

Comment

He's competing against Matt Downs and...Nick Green, I guess. I think he's going to win!

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                    He's competing against Matt Downs and...Nick Green, I guess. I think he's going to win!
                    Actually Downs and Kearns are probably battling to be on the team until LoMo is off the DL and then we would choose between Kearns, Downs and Dobbs(Guy who can PH and also play OF)

Figgins,Green,Valiaka,Coghlan,Solano,Dietrich are battling for the 2 jobs. 2B and UT with Solano likely to get 1 of them
                    Last edited by tjfla; 02-08-2013, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      Actually Downs is probably on the team until LoMo is off the DL and then we would choose between Downs and Dobbs(Guy who can PH and also play OF)

Figgins,Green,Valiaka,Coghlan,Solano,Dietrich are battling for the 2 jobs. 2B and UT with Solano likely to get 1 of them
                      Solano is going to start.
                      Dietrich is a prospect so they'll send him down to the minors to get more AB's.
                      Valiaka is unlikely.

That leaves Nick Green and Chris Coghlan to me. I'd say Figgins has a good shot. All 3 suck, but at least Figgins is a good defensive 3B/has experience at other positions/can pinch run. So yeah, I'm sticking with the prediction that Chone makes the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                        Solano is going to start.
                        Dietrich is a prospect so they'll send him down to the minors to get more AB's.
                        Valiaka is unlikely.

That leaves Nick Green and Chris Coghlan to me. I'd say Figgins has a good shot. All 3 suck, but at least Figgins is a good defensive 3B/has experience at other positions/can pinch run. So yeah, I'm sticking with the prediction that Chone makes the team.
                        No I agree with u just saying that is the competition

PH/1B/OF-Dobbs,Kearns,Downs (2 spots until Lomo is back)
                        UT/2B-Solano,Figgins,Green,Coghlan,Dietrich,Valiaka(2 spots and 1 WILL go to Solano)
                        4th OF-Gorkys(With Mattison,Petersen,Coghlan,Silverio waiting in AAA/DL)
                        Last edited by tjfla; 02-08-2013, 04:31 PM.

Comment

One of my nicknames for vagina is "Chone"

Pronounced, "Cho-knee"

That's all I got, boys.

Comment

Michonne

Comment

Working...
                            X