Marlins Trade Everyone to Toronto, Receive lifetime supply of Maple Syrup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Passan @JeffPassan

How excited are the Marlins to have Yunel Escobar? They were calling around shopping him last week, before the mega-deal was even official.

Comment

• Duh. Dump some payroll, get a RP prospect for 2 years from now, try to turn Kouzmanoff into something to trade by July.

Comment

• Have you guys tweeted your apologies to Passan?

Comment

• We don't tweet

Comment

• NEW YORK -- The players' association will monitor the Miami Marlins following their payroll purge. The union says it's too early to determine whether the salary cuts will cause any issues under baseball's labor contract.

Baseball's labor contract requires that revenue-sharing money be used to improve a team's performance on the field.

The Marlins opened last season with a $112 million payroll and cut it to $90 million by the end of the season. With the trade of All-Star shortstop Jose Reyes and four others to Toronto on Tuesday, Miami's payroll next season is projected at about $36 million.

Commissioner Bud Selig approved the deal Monday. Union head Michael Weiner said Tuesday he is not surprised by Selig's decision, but "we'll be monitoring the Marlins for compliance" with baseball's labor agreement.
            http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/86...-payroll-purge
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Josh Johnson will be on the LeBatard show (790 AM) within the hour

Comment

• Give all the revenue sharing money to Stanton and front load the living bejesus out of a deal. Say Stanton is due 7/$85 which is reasonable, why not just pay him $20 million in 2013 and 2014, and last 5 years have a vastly encheapened Stanton so you can get 1 more major free agent for 5 years. Would really set the team up for 2015-2019 if the kids all work out. Not to mention the wonders that would do for press as it would suggest they have a plan, even if it's 2 years off. Anything to inspire even an ounce of confidence front office. There is also a 0% chance his agent would allow him to pass up a ludicrous front loaded deal for present discretionary and long term savings reasons.

If you're going to be cheap, use it to your advantage. Pay the one guy you need to pay now to increase your options later.

Comment

• Chone Figgins got DFA'd

I put this here because you know we're gonna sign him.

Comment

• They better not think about putting him at third. They gave Kouzmanoff their word.

Comment

• He's Plan B

"we like his versatility and speed"

Comment

• I am a fan of these posts

Comment

• I think him and Pierre are homeboys from the hood too.
                          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Google ads is giving me ads for Maple Syrup refractometers. I have no idea what a maple syrup refractometer is, but I know why I'm getting ads for them.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• That's good marketing.

Good for the brand.
                              --------------------
                              Someone make a banner with a bottle of maple syrup with soflamarlins.com on the label.

I would do it, but Festa won't use it if I do it.
                              Last edited by HUGG; 11-20-2012, 09:52 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                                Give all the revenue sharing money to Stanton and front load the living bejesus out of a deal. Say Stanton is due 7/$85 which is reasonable, why not just pay him $20 million in 2013 and 2014, and last 5 years have a vastly encheapened Stanton so you can get 1 more major free agent for 5 years. Would really set the team up for 2015-2019 if the kids all work out. Not to mention the wonders that would do for press as it would suggest they have a plan, even if it's 2 years off. Anything to inspire even an ounce of confidence front office. There is also a 0% chance his agent would allow him to pass up a ludicrous front loaded deal for present discretionary and long term savings reasons.

If you're going to be cheap, use it to your advantage. Pay the one guy you need to pay now to increase your options later.

Makes too much sense, lou. There is an 8% chance they do this.

Why do they need to inspire an ounce of confidence in the FO? There are still at least 40 people in the world who have a plenty of confidence in them.

Comment

Working...
                                X