Loria Refusing Overtures to Buy Team from Big Names, Including Jeb Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lou View Post
    Cubs and Indians fans would trade 50 years of Loria for a World Series.
    But we aren't Cubs and Indians fans. This is about the Marlins and their organization. We have 2 recent titles. I can live with that and die happy. What would make me happier right now is knowing that I can look forward to a new season, with its promise of exciting & fun baseball, the chance of new free agents and being RELEVANT as a franchise, instead of the joke of MLB.

Comment

Ok, but you realize you said earlier that you'd trade the 2003 title for the Braves 2003-2012 seasons?

You know you said that right?

I feel like this happens a lot. You say something and then just act like it never happened and totally change the conversation.

Comment

Can we talk about a different zero chance of happening hypothetical today?

I'm getting bored with this one, boys.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
          Ok, but you realize you said earlier that you'd trade the 2003 title for the Braves 2003-2012 seasons?

I feel like this happens a lot. You say something and then just act like it never happened and totally change the conversation.
          Just because we're not cubs or Indians fans doesn't mean we can't be braves fans

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
            Can we talk about a different zero chance of happening hypothetical today?

I'm getting bored with this one, boys.
            http://forum.okbluejays.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
              Your hatred for Loria is blinding you to whats happening on the field.
              If anything I am not blind to the travesty that Loria has created on our field, that is why I feel the way I do.

He has called himself the "caretaker" of baseball in South Fla. Then if he feels this way, then the right thing to do was to sell the team to people who have deeper pockets and can afford to own the team. Jeb Bush (and group of investors) supposedly made an offer. If it was fair (and word is that it was more than fair) he should have taken it.

Then again, through his own actions he has been shown to be a person that can't tell the truth much of the time. So I guess we can't believe him here as "caretaker" either.

Comment

BURN!

Comment

Oh please.....you are just being an asshole to be an asshole. Then 9 years......you know what I meant.

Comment

I really didn't know what you meant. Your stance is so outlandish in this thread that it seemed plausible to me that you meant just that.

And I'm always an asshole.
                    --------------------
                    I made that classic dick move of reading what you wrote and thinking you actually meant it.
                    Last edited by HUGG; 02-07-2013, 09:14 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

SoFlaMarlins.com:

Where you're made to feel like a raving, frothing at the mouth lunatic because you're completely disgusted with Loria, Samson and Beinfest.

Comment

Really can't say enough about what Daft brings to the table around here lately.

Just an invaluable contribution.

Comment

You guys are SUPER angry though and it seems to dominate your thoughts.

It does seem like frothing at the mouth lunacy when it's in every thought and every unrelated post.
                          --------------------
                          He's been using lots of :s
                          Last edited by Beef; 02-07-2013, 09:18 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by The_Godfather View Post
                            Give me a choice between Loria selling within the next five years or winning a World Series, I take Loria selling. That's all I care about and all I have left to root for from the Marlins.
                            This fucking post.

This could have been a thread about the possibility of Loria selling, but now it's about troll-o-rama.

Things have all been downhill since I changed my location to not Korea. I should have never left, Kate.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Didn't the thread about the possibility of Loria selling kinda end in the first post?

It's none.

I guess we can close this one, boys.
                              --------------------
                              Although I guess we did spend the whole thread talking about other shit that's never gonna happen, so nevermind.
                              Last edited by HUGG; 02-07-2013, 09:22 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
                                But we aren't Cubs and Indians fans. This is about the Marlins and their organization. We have 2 recent titles. I can live with that and die happy. What would make me happier right now is knowing that I can look forward to a new season, with its promise of exciting & fun baseball, the chance of new free agents and being RELEVANT as a franchise, instead of the joke of MLB.
                                We've been able to look forward to plenty of seasons during Loria's ownership. The results weren't as hoped, but f you're talking about looking forward to seasons, you've had that. Not this year, but why does that mean not ever again? I know your answer. I just don't think it's good. I know you say you won't be able to look forward to any season just because Loria, but if they have a good looking team you will either look forward to it or you'll be miserable for the sake of being miserable.

Comment

Working...
                                X