No announcement yet.

Loria Refusing Overtures to Buy Team from Big Names, Including Jeb Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea I think everyone would like for him to sell the team.

Comment

Theres a few on the other board who dont. Their names escape me but they seem to genuinely love Loria.
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

Hypothetically, would you rather fight 10 David Samson sized Jeffrey Lorias or 1 Jeffrey Loria sized David Samon?
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
          Theres a few on the other board who dont. Their names escape me but they seem to genuinely love Loria.
          This is not the case at all

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonCane View Post
            You people care way too much about the owner. Its like the actual game is of secondary importance to you. I cannot understand how someone would prefer getting a new owner over another World Series win. If we are winning, what difference does the owner make?

There are plenty of teams with "good" owners who never win a title.
            This times 1 million.

Some new fella could buy the team, pour a ton of money into it and still never win a damn thing.

I'll take the ring and wait for Loria to die.

I don't like Loria at all, but he's also not even the worst owner of the 4 pro teams I root for (although Mike Brown does seem to be staying out of the way at least these days).

Comment

Both sound pretty annoying.
              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by jay576 View Post
                To continue the trend of hypotheticals, would those of you who would take a new owner over a guaranteed championship still want a new owner if the team never won another world series title in your lifetime?
                Yes. Because the excitement of one championship with having to endure the embarrassment & bad baseball we'll have to sit through with Loria, with virtually no chance of a 2nd title after that, as opposed to having ownership with a clear vision of winning over profits, fan friendliness & customer relations, who strive to be a winning team that can develop a strong minor league system & willing to fill the gaps with a high profile free agent when needed, yes I'll take that anyday.

Case in point the Atlanta Braves. I'd rather have had their history over the last 10 years than ours. Their future looks bright, ours looks like we are just always waiting for Stanton, and anyone else that produces to be gone for cheap labor as soon as they look like they will command any sort of above minimum wage salary.

With Loria it's like he has no clear cut vision of the Marlins future, except to squeeze as much profit out of them as he can. You can be successful & earn a profit but Loria would rather maximize profits over doing both.

Doing things the "Loria way" has put the team into the position of having 14 of the other 15 teams in the league making the playoffs since we won in 2003. How can anyone defend the way he runs the team ?

Comment

Give me Championships.

Comment

Every Braves fan I know (which is 3...three) would rather have that one championship we have in the last 10 years than their yearly ritual of getting kneed in the stomach and then punched in the face every October.
                    --------------------
                    I can handle the idea of trading a guaranteed championship for a consistent contender because maybe the latter gets you one (or more). I still take the title, but I get it. You're playing the odds.

But this...

Case in point the Atlanta Braves. I'd rather have had their history over the last 10 years than ours.
                    I just don't get it. I can't even begin to understand why you'd rather have 10 years of competing with no championship over winning a title.

I guarantee you October 2003 was more fun than the Braves last 10 years combined.

Atlanta's won 84 more games than the Marlins since the start of 2003. Trading a championship for 84 more wins and 4 extra playoff births with no championship. UGH

If the Marlins never win another championship, it will do nothing to ruin October 2003 for me. I wouldn't trade it for anything (sports-wise).
                    Last edited by HUGG; 02-07-2013, 03:55 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
                      How can anyone defend the way he runs the team ?
                      You really need some help in the reading comprehension department. NO ONE is defending Loria's ownership. We all think he sucks. But, the only reason we talk about him is that the team has also performed poorly and his actions seems to directly contribute to that poor performance. No one cares about the owner or his antics if the team is winning.

Now, here's the part that you don't seem to understand. In the hypothetical, Loria is the same jack ass we've always known BUT the team wins a World Series in spite of it all. (Equate him to the owner in Major League)

We are not defending Loria just because we would tolerate a Loria ownership in exchange for another World Series. That just makes us baseball fans who care about the actual game and not the sideshow that you seem to obsess over.

Comment

Cubs and Indians fans would trade 50 years of Loria for a World Series.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandroimbuto
                          Why yall suckin Loria's D?
                          I don't know who is doing this, but passing on World Series is a little silly.

Of course the hypothetical is flawed as they will never win a Word Series with this piss poor organizational management, but if they somehow did, that would be fun. Although I would not enjoy it anywhere near 2003 or 1997 as that would be the clowns benefit and at the end of the day win or lose, they still need to GO. Vote Jeb.

Comment

Loria is South Florida's anti-christ. Want nothing more for that man to leave our town.

Would love for Jeb to own this team. Dude loves baseball and actually cares about South Florida residents.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                              Every Braves fan I know (which is 3...three) would rather have that one championship we have in the last 10 years than their yearly ritual of getting kneed in the stomach and then punched in the face every October.
                              --------------------
                              I can handle the idea of trading a guaranteed championship for a consistent contender because maybe the latter gets you one (or more). I still take the title, but I get it. You're playing the odds.

But this...

I just don't get it. I can't even begin to understand why you'd rather have 10 years of competing with no championship over winning a title.

I guarantee you October 2003 was more fun than the Braves last 10 years combined.

Atlanta's won 84 more games than the Marlins since the start of 2003. Trading a championship for 84 more wins and 4 extra playoff births with no championship. UGH

If the Marlins never win another championship, it will do nothing to ruin October 2003 for me. I wouldn't trade it for anything (sports-wise).
                              I'll still take 10 years of mostly winning seasons, and feeling like at least I have a chance, than going into 9 seasons knowing I have no shot. I love baseball, and want the future of the Marlins not to be an embarrassment as it is now. Winning one more championship would do nothing more than the 2003 'ship did. Winning consistently would mean future all-star games, more chances of free agents wanting to sign here and being a place where kids & families will want to be, and building a tradition of baseball in Miami. That will be better accomplished with a winning product year-in and year-out over winning one championship.

Comment

This is absolute blasphemy. You take the championship every single time. You talk to any fan of a team that hasn't won crap in 10+ years, they'll tell you the same thing every time.

Your hatred for Loria is blinding you to whats happening on the field.

Comment

Working...
                                X