• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like college baseball a lot.

Comment

• You would.
      poop

Comment

• Mainge, did you see the pre-season rankings that came out today?
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
          You would.
          Because?

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
          Mainge, did you see the pre-season rankings that came out today?
          Well, I don't like it that much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
            Because?

Well, I don't like it that much.
            Well darn.

Comment

• Where's Florida?

Comment

Comment

• Horseshit.

Comment

• They did lose Zunino but have a top draft prospect still in Crawford.

Comment

• Illinois and Southern Illinois play 5 times next year. 4 times in Carbondale. I find that odd.
                      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                      Noah Perio
                      Jupiter
                      39 AB
                      15 H
                      0 2B
                      0 3B
                      0 HR
                      0 BB
                      .385/.385/.385

Comment

Because?
                        You know why.
                        poop

Comment

• I long for the days of the Salukis being a college baseball power again. Sadly, I dont think it will happen. Too hard for a midwestern team to be consistently good.
                          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

Horseshit.
                            Well, they've never beaten Florida
                            --------------------
                            Originally posted by Todd View Post
                            I long for the days of the Salukis being a college baseball power again. Sadly, I dont think it will happen. Too hard for a midwestern team to be consistently good.
                            Championships
                            1924 - Illinois Intercollegiate Athletic Conference / Little 19 Champions
                            1925 - Illinois Intercollegiate Athletic Conference / Little 19 Champions
                            1936 - Illinois Intercollegiate Athletic Conference / Little 19 Champions
                            1945 - Illinois Intercollegiate Athletic Conference / Little 19 Champions
                            1946 - Illinois Intercollegiate Athletic Conference / Little 19 Champions
                            1950 - Illinois Intercollegiate Athletic Conference / Little 19 Champions
                            1951 - Illinois Intercollegiate Athletic Conference / Little 19 Champions
                            1964 - Interstate Intercollegiate Athletic Conference Champions
                            1972 - Midwestern Collegiate Conference Champions
                            1996 - Mid-Continent Conference Champions
                            FEEL THE POWER, YOU GUYS
                            Last edited by HUGG; 12-20-2012, 11:50 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                              When you go to UM games, is anyone capable of hitting a ball 450+ feet like Stanton can?

Even if you hate this Marlins team, you still get to watch the other teams play.

Of course, I guess it makes more sense to go to UM games if the purpose is to have the grandkids run around, oak.
                              Erick, I understand you really dislike college ball. And I don't want to argue either, we are both entitled to our opinions, and neither is wrong.

As for seeing a ball hit 450+ feet ? Yes, more than once.

I saw Charles Johnson (UM) hit a ball off of Brooks Kieschnick (of Texas) at Mark Light that was still climbing when it went over the left field fence (about 385 feet at that point). Someone found it or claimed they found it in the middle of Cobb Field (women's soccer field and track and field stadium) behind The Light. That was the biggest crowd ever at the Light, over 8,800 that night. The next night the City of Coral Gables shut down the crowd to no more than 6,500 siting fire hazards. But that was a really fun night. I think Miami won 8-3.

There also was the grand slam that Jason Michaels hit to beat Arizona St, and set Miami up for the 2nd elimination game and the Canes won that one easily to advance to the College World Series. What a loaded team that was that year - Michaels, Aubrey Huff and Pat Burrell, hitting back to back to back. I can't remember the exact number but it was something like 112 or 121 home runs the Canes hit that year in just 60 or so games. You just knew they were going to jack one out that night and I think that only had 3 games that year that they went homerless.

So its not like we don't potential and eventual professionals at the college level. Many of them went that route over the last 20-30 years ; Roger Clemens for U of Texas, Barry Bonds of Arizona State, Mark Teixeira for Georgia Tech, Dstin Pedroia at Arizona State Strausburg for San Diego State, all of the Drew brothers played at Florida State as did Buster Posey.

College baseball is not as bad as some seem to think it is.
                              Last edited by oakelmpine; 12-21-2012, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Every homerun Matt LaPorta hit went to mk7's apartment

Comment

Working...
                                X