Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
    Every homerun Matt LaPorta hit went to mk7's apartment
    What were the bitches names ? LaPorta always looked like a playa to me.

Comment

• That's not very grandfatherly.

What does your username mean?

Comment

• His favorite woods

Comment

• Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
          Erick, I understand you really dislike college ball. And I don't want to argue either, we are both entitled to our opinions, and neither is wrong.

As for seeing a ball hit 450+ feet ? Yes, more than once.

I saw Charles Johnson (UM) hit a ball off of Brooks Kieschnick (of Texas) at Mark Light that was still climbing when it went over the left field fence (about 385 feet at that point). Someone found it or claimed they found it in the middle of Cobb Field (women's soccer field and track and field stadium) behind The Light. That was the biggest crowd ever at the Light, over 8,800 that night. The next night the City of Coral Gables shut down the crowd to no more than 6,500 siting fire hazards. But that was a really fun night. I think Miami won 8-3.

There also was the grand slam that Jason Michaels hit to beat Arizona St, and set Miami up for the 2nd elimination game and the Canes won that one easily to advance to the College World Series. What a loaded team that was that year - Michaels, Aubrey Huff and Pat Burrell, hitting back to back to back. I can't remember the exact number but it was something like 112 or 121 home runs the Canes hit that year in just 60 or so games. You just knew they were going to jack one out that night and I think that only had 3 games that year that they went homerless.

So its not like we don't potential and eventual professionals at the college level. Many of them went that route over the last 20-30 years ; Roger Clemens for U of Texas, Barry Bonds of Arizona State, Mark Teixeira for Georgia Tech, Dstin Pedroia at Arizona State Strausburg for San Diego State, all of the Drew brothers played at Florida State as did Buster Posey.

College baseball is not as bad as some seem to think it is.

I never said I disliked college baseball.
          I've had to watch a lot of it along the way too since my brother played the game, both college and professionally (minor leagues, not majors).

I'm just saying it's kinda fun to watch professionals play, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
            That's not very grandfatherly.

What does your username mean?
            My nickname is Woodie, given to me as a kid.

So Oak Elm and Pine are.....well you get it
            --------------------
            Originally posted by Erick View Post
            I never said I disliked college baseball.
            I've had to watch a lot of it along the way too since my brother played the game, both college and professionally (minor leagues, not majors).

I'm just saying it's kinda fun to watch professionals play, no?
            I love watching both, but I'm just very disheartened by the way this franchise is run, and the only way I have as a fan to make that mark on the organization is to not buy any tickets, paraphanalia or anything else associated with them until ownership changes and starts acting like an MLB team, or the owner sells.
            Last edited by oakelmpine; 12-21-2012, 10:34 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• ### Several teams have made offers for Giancarlo Stanton but none good enough for the Marlins front office to recommend to owner Jeffrey Loria. At least one Marlins baseball person believes the team should consider a deal, but he’s not making the decisions. Stanton isn’t eligible for free agency until after 2016, and Marlins likely will need to trade him eventually or lose him for nothing.

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy
              Olt, Profar, Perez, Grimm/Buckel, and give them Nolasco and pay half his salary. Finish what you started Loria since you aren't going to sign him.

Comment

• Prolly could get even more than that

The FO is pretty much split which is why I keep saying it is gonna come down to if he signs an extension or not. Some see Stanton as a cornerstone power guy that they want to keep and others see him as a chip to get 4 or 5 ML players in 2014.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  it is gonna come down to if he signs an extension or not.
                  Cool, I'll make a note of that

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                    Well, they've never beaten Florida
                    FEEL THE POWER, YOU GUYS
                    College World Series participants in 68, 69, 71, 74, 77. National Runner Up twice, 3rd place twice. 12 NCAA tournament appearances in 16 years from 1966 to 1981.
                    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                    Noah Perio
                    Jupiter
                    39 AB
                    15 H
                    0 2B
                    0 3B
                    0 HR
                    0 BB
                    .385/.385/.385

Comment

• ehe, I went to Northern Illinois' page

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
                        Cool, I'll make a note of that
                        Gonna have to wait a couple months though.

Comment

• I figured since SIU was never in the Mid-Con/Summit League.

From the mid 60s to early 80s SIU was one of the premier programs in the midwest. Time just slipped away. They never made any improvements to their stadium, they let a damn good coach go to Illinois, etc. Hard for a midwest team to sustain excellence anyway.
                          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                            ehe, I went to Northern Illinois' page
                            jerk
                            poop

Comment

• They are planning to renovate this.
                              Noah Perio
                              Jupiter
                              39 AB
                              15 H
                              0 2B
                              0 3B
                              0 HR
                              0 BB
                              .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Ok, that's enough Southern Illinois talk

Comment