No announcement yet.

Winter Meetings 2012 (Miami Marlins)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nolasco is worth jackshit right now...

go into April, hope he has 3-4 good starts in a row and hope someone goes down for the year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
      Nolasco is worth jackshit right now...

go into April, hope he has 3-4 good starts in a row and hope someone goes down for the year
      He doesn't even need good starts-just hope a big name team loses an arm.

We are willing to pretty much give him away and MLB can't say anything long as we dont have to toss in cash. He will be dealt by the deadline tho

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        We are willing to pretty much give him away and MLB can't say anything long as we dont have to toss in cash.
        I think (?) people have talked about this before and discussed why you're doing it wrong.

Comment

• People have and I could care less what they said

All I keep hearing is at this moment we can't include cash in a Nolasco deal. If a team wants him they have to take his contract and no one is willing to at this point

KC and Minnesota had asked about him but are not willing to pay 11 million for him.

Comment

• I wonder why we want Bourjos.
            So silly. All it would do is block the great Marisnick!

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
              I wonder why we want Bourjos.
              Well for starters it would get rid of Nolasco,they want him if they can get him cheap otherwise they will prolly pass

As for the OF if u get Bourjos it gives u options-put him in CF and if LoMo sucks again this year u can always move Yelich to 1B and have Marisnick/Bourjos/Stanton

OR

If Stanton leaves u move Marisnick to RF and still got a CF

Pretty much just gives u another option

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                Well for starters it would get rid of Nolasco,they want him if they can get him cheap otherwise they will prolly pass

As for the OF if u get Bourjos it gives u options-put him in CF and if LoMo sucks again this year u can always move Yelich to 1B and have Marisnick/Bourjos/Stanton

OR

If Stanton leaves u move Marisnick to RF and still got a CF

Pretty much just gives u another option
                I was being sarcastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                  I wonder why we want Bourjos.
                  If the Angels are just going to give him away of course you do it, but nice failed attempt at sarcasm. You seem to forget you want the Marlins to absorb $30 million dollars of Vernon Wells to get Bourjos.

Comment

• @jaysonst: Heard they also asked about Trumbo RT @JimBowdenESPNxm: According to source Marlins would have interest in a Nolasco-for-Bourjos type deal
                    Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                      If the Angels are just going to give him away of course you do it, but nice failed attempt at sarcasm. You seem to forget you want the Marlins to absorb $30 million dollars of Vernon Wells to get Bourjos.
                      "There are bad ideas. There are horrible ideas. Then there is acquiring Vernon Wells for 2 years on a non contending team and absorbing $30 million to get Peter Bourjos, where the organization already has, I don't know, Stanton, Yelich, Marisnick, Ozuna, Ruggiano, and lesser guys like Silverio, Solarzano, Keys, Copeland, etc. in the pipeline.

I don't disagree maybe they should absorb bad contracts to get a player, but two years of Vernon Wells with that contract, is not the way to do it.
                      And getting outfielders, is not the way to do it."

The Vernon Wells thing was only part one of your argument against it.
                      You've specifically said it would block other outfielders in the organization. Don't change what you said. The reasons why you didn't want to acquire Bourjos weren't solely because of the Vernon Wells thing.
                      --------------------
                      "Regardless of what you think, the Marlins view Marisnick as a longterm CF and they are going to give him that opportunity. Blocking him with two players as an organization, is idiotic."

These were things you said.
                      Last edited by Erick; 12-17-2012, 05:01 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Cool, we didn't discuss GIVING AWAY Bourjos for Nolasco and not absorbing salary. It must be really frustrating to live in a world of absolutes.

Comment

• Source: #marlins "not real interested" in Bourjos. Preference would be better-hitting OF.
                          twitter (Clark Spencer)

Fuck OF, get a 3rd baseman.

Comment

• Comment

• @jaysonst: #Angels & Marlins have talked about Angels' spare bats. But Marlins appear to prefer the bat who's least likely to get traded, Mark Trumbo.
                              Twitter

Comment

• At least he is theoretically an infielder, progress

Comment

Working...
                                X