Winter Meetings 2012 (Miami Marlins)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suck for Buck.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• Maybe they looked back at the trade and didn't feel the value was appropriate so they're replacing Escobar with a couple of young guys to make it better!

Comment

• If Yunel is actually worth all this on the market, I think he needs to be moved. No reason he should be on this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
          It really is stupid to trade him, that contract is so ridiculously affordable.
          Originally posted by Beef View Post
          I suppose if they're gonna suck they may as well do it for the lowest possible price and suck as hard as they can
          I'm with Beef. If we're basically forfeiting the next few seasons, there's no reason for him to be here. Get Peacock
          --------------------
          Let the record show that I am also with Ramp.
          Last edited by Mainge; 12-04-2012, 07:38 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Give me Mahtook and Dietrich. Fuck pitching.

Comment

• I know you can never have too much pitching, but I think I want a position player for Yunel.
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                I'm with Beef. If we're basically forfeiting the next few seasons, there's no reason for him to be here. Get Peacock
                --------------------
                Let the record show that I am also with Ramp.
                My issue though is that he has a 3 year contract, and all 3 years are incredibly affordable.

He's an average at worst player at a premium position on a great contract for 3 years. If we're serious about contending in 2015 region, and with nothing resembling good IFers ANYWHERE in our entire system, it's just silly to me.

Comment

• can't imagine Yunel being worth half that money in 2015

Comment

• I'm gonna go all Mainge-Peacock or mibs-Volstad if we get Mahtook

omgomgomg
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                      can't imagine Yunel being worth half that money in 2015
                      Why not?

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                        My issue though is that he has a 3 year contract, and all 3 years are incredibly affordable.

He's an average at worst player at a premium position on a great contract for 3 years. If we're serious about contending in 2015 region, and with nothing resembling good IFers ANYWHERE in our entire system, it's just silly to me.
                        If we were contending I'd be all for keeping him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                          Why not?
                          well, he hits like shit now

his range is only going to get worse

he's only going to get slower

(I also don't believe he's worth $5mil currently)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                            If we were contending I'd be all for keeping him.
                            Do you think we're contenders in 2015 though when all of our farmhands are up? That's what I want him around for. IF is very hard to fill through free agency and we have nothing solid in the system.

If you don't think we're contenders that soon (And I wouldn't really blame you lol) then that's fair enough; I still think he has a good deal higher chance of increasing his value rather than decreasing it between now and something like July, but whatever.

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                              Do you think we're contenders in 2015 though when all of our farmhands are up? That's what I want him around for. IF is very hard to fill through free agency and we have nothing solid in the system.

If you don't think we're contenders that soon (And I wouldn't really blame you lol) then that's fair enough; I still think he has a good deal higher chance of increasing his value rather than decreasing it between now and something like July, but whatever.
                              It's possible we are contending but by then he'll be 32 and an impending free agent. Who knows what he'll be in three years time besides declining, which is likely. I'd rather get something younger with more potential than bank on both him and the team being good by 2015.
                              --------------------
                              Besides, Profar will be our SS by then. Or Hechavarria will be working on his 3rd ASG in 3 years.
                              Last edited by Mainge; 12-04-2012, 08:44 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Well this sucks

Miami thought they had a deal with Jeff Keppinger to play 3B/UT however the White Sox offered another year and he took that deal. Reynolds and Stewart both have gotten offers from us tho with Stewart's being a 1 year deal and Reynolds being 2 years and a team option for a 3rd

Reynolds tho wants a 4 yr deal and Stewart might want a longer term 1

Also Ricky Nolasco might have a suitor in Kansas City. It seems all the FA pitchers are trying to bend KC over a barrel and they might be willing to send a low level prospect or 2 AND take his whole contract,if he would consider an extension with them

Comment

Working...
                                X