• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
    I am a very likeable fella mk7.
    0% chance that's true

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_REAL_MIBS View Post
      I think it was that we wanted d'Arnaud until we threw in Reyes and then we didn't want him anymore.
      Pretty close it was we had d'Arnaud in the offer and when Toronto wanted Reyes and said they will take HIS 100 million dollar deal we said OK well how about Marisnick

Most of the time a team sees 100 million and says we will give u 2 low level prospects.

U guys realize that in baseball if u don't pay any money that teams usually don't usually wanna give u a great prospect deal. See the Hanley deal or even the big Boston/LAD deal.

Comment

• http://deadspin.com/5973026/internet...ncarlo-stanton

this is fun and sad

Comment

• Very fun

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
            That was an awesomely funny article to read. However, there isn't enough Chris Seddon.
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• It’s far too early to talk about the possibilities, but the Padres are one of the clubs the Miami Marlins have talked to regarding right-handed, power-hitting right fielder Giancarlo Stanton.

The 23-year-old Stanton hit .290 with 37 homers and 86 RBI in 123 games for the Marlins last season. He also had a .361 on-base percentage and a National League-leading .608 slugging percentage. In 373 major league games, the 6-foot-5, 245-pound Stanton has a .270 average with 93 homers and 232 RBI.

Stanton has apparently fallen out of favor with the Marlins due to his vocal criticism of the moves Miami has made recently to rid themselves of many of their front-line players and a majority of their payroll.

Although Stanton isn’t arbitration eligible until after the 2014 season and can’t be a free agent until after the 2016 season, the Marlins have contacted a number of teams regarding his availability, including the Padres.

The price would be steep. But the Marlins earlier asked the Padres about the availability of infielder [Jedd] Gyorko. It would take at least Gyroko and two other prospects the Marlins could control for six seasons – possibly either [Rymer] Liriano or [Austin] Hedges plus a pitcher.

Again, the Marlins at this point have just been floating Stanton’s name. There have been no detailed talks between the Marlins and Padres.
              http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/...page=2#article

If this goes through (it wont) they'll have no choice but to go out and sign Ryan Garko.

I mean, anytime you get the chance to have Gorkys, Gyorko, and Garko on the same team, you do it.
              Last edited by TheMendozaLine; 01-05-2013, 11:57 PM.

Comment

• It's all just sad.....to have that kind of talent under your control, and just not care. I swear I can't wait for a change in ownership.

Comment

• My understanding was that they contacted Pads about Gyorko as a 3B option before Polanco was signed.

Stanton would be a cool for for Pads, since he's from Cali, but I don't want to give him up.
                  --------------------
                  But like many of you have mentioned, you don't trade him until you offer him a contract.
                  Last edited by Big Z; 01-06-2013, 06:46 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• you do if you're the Marlins, cuz he was mean and hurt our feelings!
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
                      It's all just sad.....to have that kind of talent under your control, and just not care. I swear I can't wait for a change in ownership.
                      I am surprised by this

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                        I am surprised by this
                        I have more surprises, now do you want to see them or not ?

Comment

• I don't get it

Stick to what you do best

Comment

• The Stanton to SD talk is a Plan C. Plan A is extension and Plan B is Texas/Seattle

The only way we would consider a SD deal is if it was like Gyorko,Casey Kelly,Liriano,Brad Boxberger plus another 1 or 2 prospects and I highly doubt they would be willing to pay the price. It is funny tho that the article thinks they can get Stanton for Gyorko,1 Top Prospect and a pitcher

Few issues with SD is after Casey Kelly all the pitchers are like 18-20. We are looking for guys who can help in 2014 and they don't fit. Another thing is they really don't have a Top Prospect,they have nice players but no one that wows u and if Stanton is dealt that is something we want in return(Profar/Zunino)

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              The Stanton to SD talk is a Plan C. Plan A is extension and Plan B is Texas/Seattle

The only way we would consider a SD deal is if it was like Gyorko,Casey Kelly,Liriano,Brad Boxberger plus another 1 or 2 prospects and I highly doubt they would be willing to pay the price. It is funny tho that the article thinks they can get Stanton for Gyorko,1 Top Prospect and a pitcher

Few issues with SD is after Casey Kelly all the pitchers are like 18-20. We are looking for guys who can help in 2014 and they don't fit. Another thing is they really don't have a Top Prospect,they have nice players but no one that wows u and if Stanton is dealt that is something we want in return(Profar/Zunino)
                              When are they going to offer Stanton a contract?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                                When are they going to offer Stanton a contract?
                                No idea,prolly when he cools down and reports for ST

Comment

Working...
                                X