Marlins Trade Everyone to Toronto, Receive lifetime supply of Maple Syrup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    The thing that makes this trade almost impossible to veto is except for Reyes,we got pretty good baseball value.

But he WAS included!

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      But he WAS included!
      Like I said this is the other thing that MLB is complaining bout and the reason why the trade still hasnt been announced. It sounds like Selig wants Toronto to give us more than just Marisnick for Reyes

Comment

• Any chance one of Syndergaard/d'Arnaud (who may or may not be related to Coghlan) gets thrown in?

Comment

• If this is the case, it's a damn shame that MLB has to be holding our balls and telling us to receive more value for what we have up because we didn't do so ourselves.

Comment

• Doesn't matter. It's not the case.

Comment

• Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

• When I saw the trade, I broke it down as...
                Reyes for Marisnick, Escobar
                JJ for Alvarez, Hechevarria
                Buehrle for Nicholino
                Bonifacio for Desclafani
                Buck for Mathis

The Marlins could put it in that way and make it make sense from a baseball perspective when you include player salaries, state of the team, etc. + say they'll re-invest in the team and MLB has really no reason to reject it.

Comment

• learn how to post things, Todd

Comment

• David Samson just wants us to win MORE games than we did last year. WIN MORE GAMES. This has NOTHING to do with a firesale.

That's why he traded a #1 and a #3 starter for a #3 starter and replaced an NL Batting Champion shortstop with a guy who's all glove/no bat.

COMMON GUISE

Comment

• certainly improving defense

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                        Buehrle for Nicholino

--------------------
                        Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                        certainly improving defense
                        go on...........
                        Last edited by Namaste; 11-15-2012, 02:59 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                          When I saw the trade, I broke it down as...
                          Reyes for Marisnick, Escobar
                          JJ for Alvarez, Hechevarria
                          Buehrle for Nicholino
                          Bonifacio for Desclafani
                          Buck for Mathis

The Marlins could put it in that way and make it make sense from a baseball perspective when you include player salaries, state of the team, etc. + say they'll re-invest in the team and MLB has really no reason to reject it.
                          Yep breakdown is like this

Reyes for Marisnick
                          JJ for Hechaverria,Nicolino,DeScalfani
                          Buehrle for Alvarez
                          Boner for Escobar
                          Buck and cash for Mathis

This is the reason why alot of people are saying we just gave Reyes away. Now I doubt Toronto will give equal value but I could see them include another prospect or 2 in the Reyes column

Comment

• I mean, Mathis is supposedly tremendous defensively and Hechevarria is a future gold glover

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post

--------------------

go on...........
                              Buehrle's salary makes his value lower significantly. Buehrle put up a 106 ERA+ in the National League last year. He's basically a league average pitcher making ace money for the rest of his contract.

From Toronto's perspective, I highly doubt they're not expecting regression.

The long flyballs for outs Buehrle allowed here will be HR's in Toronto.

You can value Buehrle however you'd like, but fact of the matter is that he's just a good, overpaid mid-rotation starter.

Nicholino projects to be a future Mark Buehrle without the terrible contract.

You really think we would've gotten much more than that if we would've traded Buehrle alone?

That's the part of the deal that upsets me the least.
                              --------------------
                              Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              Yep breakdown is like this

Reyes for Marisnick
                              JJ for Hechaverria,Nicolino,DeScalfani
                              Buehrle for Alvarez
                              Boner for Escobar
                              Buck and cash for Mathis

This is the reason why alot of people are saying we just gave Reyes away. Now I doubt Toronto will give equal value but I could see them include another prospect or 2 in the Reyes column
                              I kinda like my breakdown better.

If that's how the front office viewed it and they just traded Reyes for Marisnick, that's dumb. Reyes is still...honestly, the best SS in the game right now. Overpaid or not, potential injuries, etc., he should be worth more than that. That's why I added Escobar to his part of the deal.
                              Last edited by Erick; 11-15-2012, 03:05 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                                I mean, Mathis is supposedly tremendous defensively and Hechevarria is a future gold glover
                                So we can both agree that our starting rotation and bats got weaker and our defense got better.

Comment

Working...
                                X